Ok...Healing complete- Mtbr.com
    [email protected] NYC Freerider

Ok...Healing complete

if you guys dont know...i broke my collar bone/wrist 6 weeks ago dirt jumping...all i have been doing to pass the time is upgrading the bike, and posting on forums, and staring at the wall(my favorite)...today was my first ride on my new setup and the bike felt great...here are some pics...notice i did all the work with one hand--cast came off on the 5th the bike still doesnt feel complete(blame it ont the rear travel/shock, but im outa bike money) but whatever...im real happy that im riding again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

i wish...

I wish those shocks were 2 for $20. I would make one of those cool marzoochi stools and of course put some on my bike.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    yo thatís cool you've healed. injuries always suck. earlier in the season I had a bad fall and separated my shoulder, sprained my wrist, broke 2 metacarpules in my hand, and bruised/cracked some ribs. it really sucked, and im still not 100%. I got super out of shape too cause all I did was sit around and look at my bike for a few months.

must be nice to come back to some sweet new stuff.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    man,thats a sick bike.how did you crash?
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

mtbr member
    The only injury I have had this year is a little cut which ended up being 16 stiches. I did it up at northstar at the very top of karpiel on that long log. I felt kinda like a jackass when i crashed because it was so easy the run before.

You can see the carnage for yourselfs(pictures taken by me)

http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Pict...60&sortmethod=

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    man,thats a sick bike.how did you crash?
    oh, i hit this jump that drops into steep tranny that leans to the left...i hit it a bit off and nose dived bad onto this tranny that was at least 55-60 degees steep.. friends said it looked like i was trying to front flip...if my dj2 wassent such a stubbern fork, it might have saved me but i went over the bars instead...since the bike landed so steep---90 degrees, i went straight into the ground, landing on my left arm like i was doing a one hand hand stand...both the bones snapped...i broke my left collar bone before, but this time, i heard it snap...that sound was sooo chilling....anyway, shock followed--anyone who had a bad spill knows what im talkin about--that 15 minuts of "wtf"---thats all. glad that i didnt injure my self to bad...

Quote Originally Posted by LandonVega
    The only injury I have had this year is a little cut which ended up being 16 stiches. I did it up at northstar at the very top of karpiel on that long log. I felt kinda like a jackass when i crashed because it was so easy the run before.

You can see the carnage for yourselfs(pictures taken by me)

http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Pict...60&sortmethod=
    nasty...i all i got from my fall was road rash running up my back and cuts on my legs from various parts of my bikes drivetrain hitting me-- the only armor i was wearing was a t-shirt and helmet and gloves...i know better now...

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by master_jacko
    ...both the bones snapped...
    nasty...

i like ur monster man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Some Assembly Required

Glad to hear it.

I'm in th' 8th week of healin' up my c-bone. Been slow, 42 yr old body is slow to recover, that & only havin' one arm tends to hinder things. Need to ride drove me crazy the 1st 4-5 weeks. I'm takin' PT now. Not really necessary for doc to do it, but they have to monitor progress & evaluate, mainly cause of th' one arm junk. Still have poppin', grindin' & pain in certain positions. I'll deal. Good luck w/your healin' dude.
    Hey, maybe we need to start a c-bone forum, or maybe an IR Forum, (Injured Reserve). Then we could document injuries & most importantly the processes we go through to heal for specific injuries. It might push some to get attention for injuries that they may feel are "trivial" & will be ok if ignored. I really think this would benifit us all. Again Good Luck.