offset shock bushings- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

offset shock bushings

Does anyone have any experience with offset shock bushings? Also, does anyone know where I can get some?

biking is fun
    We are running some on my wife's bike at the moment. seem to work pretty well. The only concern would be if you already have tight tire to seat tube clearance on bottom out. Offset reducers would only make it worse.

Here is a bit of info on one possible way to get ahold of some
    http://dirt.mpora.com/news/slacken-head-angle.html

We got them from some friends who own a bike shop and they got them from a local machine shop guy. I guess they are pretty easy to make so maybe you could call around and see if any local places could make them for you

pvd
    mtbr member
    Yup. PVD Style! A lot nicer than those silly aluminum peices.

https://www.peterverdone.com/?p=612

mtbr member
    my friend built them in the past for a friend, the guy is still riding the same bike so they must work. i always thought it was a custom thing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    Instead of buying a copy from this rude guy above you can buy the originals from this very nice guy that I bought mine from:

Kevin from Steamer Industries inc
    All the info is here http://www.irishdh.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13080
    btw OC Tuning wont ship outside Ireland but I will.
    If you want any further info drop me a line at
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    or ring on 00353851331104.

I've used mine for a while now and I can set the rear shock at 2, 3, 4 and 5 mm offset. Excellent stuff

mtbr member
    Hype.....how much geometry change are you expecting from 4mm difference in effective shock length?

FFS Ride your bike and stop thinking that a change so subtle a nasa test pilot probobly wouldnt notice, is gonna make you shred

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCowboyBert View Post
    Hype.....how much geometry change are you expecting from 4mm difference in effective shock length?

FFS Ride your bike and stop thinking that a change so subtle a nasa test pilot probobly wouldnt notice, is gonna make you shred
    4mm would be over 2% difference for a 7.25" stroke shock which be between 1 and 1.5 deg difference in HA (by my quick rough calculations and depending greatly on suspension design). You don't think that would be noticeable?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LonesomeCowboyBert View Post

Between .5 to 2 degrees depending on the frame. Math is all hype.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Has anyone been able to get a hold of Kevin lately? I emailed both emails and got no response.

Come at me bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post

https://www.peterverdone.com/?p=612

Bear with me...it's 1230a, and studying for a final. So I remove the existing shock bushing inserts, and put these in? Do I need a smaller sized shock bolt, or am I interpreting this wrong?

Also, how much? Would love to try this out on my bike(s).

mtbr member
    If you use these bushings, doesn't it limit your travel? I mean, it causes your swing arm to be part way through its normal travel range when the shock is fully extended, right? So to get the same travel, the swing arm would have to move a little bit more than it normally does right? I would guess that depending on the bike design, that may or may not be possible. Am I understanding this right? Wouldn't that also change the spring rate (depending on the angle of the link pushing your shock for example?)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    If you use these bushings, doesn't it limit your travel? I mean, it causes your swing arm to be part way through its normal travel range when the shock is fully extended, right? So to get the same travel, the swing arm would have to move a little bit more than it normally does right? I would guess that depending on the bike design, that may or may not be possible. Am I understanding this right? Wouldn't that also change the spring rate (depending on the angle of the link pushing your shock for example?)
    No it doesn't limit your travel as long as you have clearance. My back wheel for example slightly touches my saddle at full compression with 2+3mm offset bushings on my large 08 DHR. But I can just raise my saddle a cm and the problem is solved. It could slightly change your spring rate curve as you are extending the travel beyond what it was designed for but I would seriously doubt you could feel this in real life. Just try it and see what you think, it's a cheap mod

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gladegp View Post
    No it doesn't limit your travel as long as you have clearance. My back wheel for example slightly touches my saddle at full compression with 2+3mm offset bushings on my large 08 DHR. But I can just raise my saddle a cm and the problem is solved. It could slightly change your spring rate curve as you are extending the travel beyond what it was designed for but I would seriously doubt you could feel this in real life. Just try it and see what you think, it's a cheap mod
    Probably worth a try, but what I need is slacker, but not lower. Anyway, The PVD website shows off all that guys creations, but I don't see where you can buy?