Oakley Goggles- Mtbr.com

Thread: Oakley Goggles

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Oakley Goggles

I need to a new set of goggles, since my A-Frames are toast and can't be warrantied. Our team gets deals on Oakley products.
    I did a search and got a little bit of info but wondered if there was any other feedback.
    I am will probably be running them on specialized dissident helmet.

Models from Cheapest to priciest
    O Frame
    Proven
    Crowbar MX
    Mayhem MX (comes with 2 lenses)

The two pricier models have "wings" that get the strap farther out to fit helmets better. I have the Helmet kit on my A-Frames and they seem to fit better with the strap kit so that is a consideration.

Also All models have the option to run a VR28 Lens, why is this important you ask? I'll tell you! I run these lenses in my Jaw Bones while doing every other type of MTBing and they provide great contrast between the shadows and sunlight in the trees. Oakely does offer Fire iridium and Blue lenses on the Mayhem which are supposed to increase contrast. I have the Fire Iridium on my snow goggles and you get into the trees esp in overcast conditions and it is hard to see valleys and stuff in the shadows.
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I really like the crowbars and rarely have fogging issues. They fit well in my TLD D2 and Giro Remedy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i had to get fox goggles as the oakley's wouldnt fit my 661 carbon evolution helmet, i tried various models in the shop and they all seemed to big to fit inside my helmet,
    the fox ones fit fine, and they are made by oakley.
    so before you buy you want to be sure that they will fit, it could be worth taking your helmet to the shop with you so you can try on a few different models, that way you will get a pair of goggles that will fit,

Members who have read this thread: 0