NYC Freeride is stilll alive and ripping- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

NYC Freeride is stilll alive and ripping

Hello everyone, this is Andy from NYC Freeride:
    I just want to dispel any and all of the rumors that have been circling around these days! NYC Freeride is alive and well and is not “going under”. The company is going through some growing pains and changes that will make us stronger. I can promise you this is just the beginning. If you like the products that we have produced so far, then you will love the new beginning of NYC Freeride.
    The press release that Bill (My business Partner) sent out to all of the websites was premature and not well thought out. Yes, there are some changes going on but I can promise you that we are not going out of business. These changes affect more of the internal day to day operations, but will not affect the quality and style of products we supply to you, our customers. We will continue to provide the industry with the best products money can buy!

The 2005 product line has put the Glory Hole pedals on a diet
    and we have added a new pedal: the Race Lite.

This new product adds even more pins to the already super grippy Glory Hole Pedals.

NYC also has some new seat post clamps, and the new Ho stem to round out the new 2005 line.
    The new NYC seatpost clamps are called the Blox clamp. They will be produced in 34.9, 31.8, and 28.6 sizes, come in black or gold anodized or chrome plated and cost $25.00 for anodized or $35.00 for chrome.

The new Ho stems will come in 1 1/8 x 25.4 or 31.8 x 50mm reach and can be used in a positive or a negative rise. Black/Gold or Gold/Black will be the colors. The stems also are compatible with the new oversize bars or stock sized bars.

For 2005 all NYC Bar end caps are ODI compatible. Pimp Caps are produced in Gold anodize or Black anodize finish with an MSRP of $25. The Conical caps will be offered in Chrome only for an MSRP of $35.
    The pedals that are offered by NYC are totally rebuildable. We start with 6061 forged aluminum that is anodized in a variety of colors.
    The Shafts are CNC machined to NYC’s unique design specifications from 4140 Chromoly Steel. The shafts are heat treated to increase strength and toughness through a process called Austempering. The shafts are assembled to the pedals with top quality sealed needle bearings at the rear and a sealed cartridge bearing on the end.
    The pedals also have replaceable grip pins and threaded inserts if the pins ever become heavily damaged. This adds to the life of pedals and durability of the pedals.
    For the $113.00 retail price, no other company can compare to the quality or durability that NYC is known for! The new Race Lite pedal shares the same bearings and hardware as the original GloryHoles, with some added traction pins on the interior area of the pedal. Race Lites will come in black, gold, and pink.
    All NYC Freeride products are produced in Brooklyn NY with the best materials available.

We will be Sponsoring the 2005 US Open of Mountain Biking at Mountain Creek NJ, and will have a booth showcasing the entire new lineup. We will also be at Pedro’s Mountain Bike festival in Lanesboro Ma.

All inquiries please contact Andy Grossi
    Yanluowang@nyc.rr.com

Soul Cycles
    Jan 2005
    do u have a website? can u get teh race pedals in red?

mtbr member
    May 2005

contact Andy

the website is down you can contact Andy and buy the pedals through him :Yanluowang@nyc.rr.com

mtbr member
    Hey M1 Joel do you really own a BMW? If so email me and give me the rundown on how it rides, set-up and all the need to knows. It is a possible for a next bike frame for me.

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    tony, you need a pair of those bling gold pedals.

Members who have read this thread: 0