Nwd 5- Mtbr.com

Thread: Nwd 5

a'buh?

Nwd 5

Have you guys seen the new NWD video? I just bought it and it absolutely blew my mind. Those guys all throw down so hard, I'd never seen anything like some of the stuff on there. I think I was most impressed by the street by Chase and Lenosky, and of course, Darren throwing the mandatory 360 off of a drop of more than 25'.
    The craziest single trick might have to go to Gareth, though. He hit this ~15' height & ~25' gap step-up, and landed in a nose manual which he held for over 20' . It was so f*cking sick. And Gracia's part was cool, he was just bombing these downhill runs, and floating like 40' off of a 1' lip.
    I highly suggest anyone who want to see wicked jibbing, hucking street riding, and some of the most creative bridge lines I've ever seen, check out this vid. You absolutely won't be dissappointed.
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

l337 |31k3r
    Thats actually good to hear....I was thinking of getting it, and I do belive you just locked in my decision with that nose manual comment.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwalrus
    Have you guys seen the new NWD video? I just bought it and it absolutely blew my mind. Those guys all throw down so hard, I'd never seen anything like some of the stuff on there. I think I was most impressed by the street by Chase and Lenosky, and of course, Darren throwing the mandatory 360 off of a drop of more than 25'.
    The craziest single trick might have to go to Gareth, though. He hit this ~15' height & ~25' gap step-up, and landed in a nose manual which he held for over 20' . It was so f*cking sick. And Gracia's part was cool, he was just bombing these downhill runs, and floating like 40' off of a 1' lip.
    I highly suggest anyone who want to see wicked jibbing, hucking street riding, and some of the most creative bridge lines I've ever seen, check out this vid. You absolutely won't be dissappointed.
    Was I the only one that saw Wayne Goss throw a 180 off the same hit as Garreth's nose manual line?

l337 |31k3r
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    dissorder 4 was better. exept for darrens part.
    Im not gonna lie to you, I dident care for 4 too much. Right now im rockin 3 a few times a week. Im a beliver in the odd numbers of the NWD series.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    I saw the movie at a "premier" w/John Cowan at Hennessey's Redondo Beach Wednesday. I thought it was o.k. There were defintately some kick a$$ parts in it, like Bearclaw and the Lenosky/Chase scene, but it really didn't light a fire under me like the others have. In a nutshell, I was a bit disappointed, but it's still an o.k. movie. NWD4 was definately better!!!

N* Bomber Crew
    Thats good to hear, I own every NWD video. Here's what I think of all of them:
    NWD1: Insta-Classic. Just a great video, nothing too huge, but just awesome video that makes you want to get out and ride.
    NWD2: Complete Crap I thought. The music selection sucked, it was kinda boring, there weren't any huge hucks or anything, except Bender's "attempt" at the Jaw Drop, again.
    NWD3: Easily the best NWD out there. Wade Simmons huge drop was so freakin big! I was going crazy over that for like a week. Awesome music selection, great locations, a good variety of pros and events. Overall the best.
    NWD4: So-So. Nothing really amazing I felt. The 360 cliff drop was pretty sick, but the music wasn't too great, and the local's were decent. Awesome opening sequence though. It just wasn't that awesome.

I plan on picking up NWD5 pronto.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

I wanna talk to Samson!
    disorder V is titties

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    dissorder 4 was better. exept for darrens part.

I have to completely disagree with you beside the thing about darrens part.
    signature

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    maybe I can get it for christmas. I really want to see it.
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Honestly not the impressed...

Got it a week ago and I've watched it a few time. Didn't really blow me away as much as I expected it too...there wasn't a whole lot of progression from NWD 4 to 5. Maybe they are finally finding some limits.

Not to say that the vid wasn't good. Camera angles were excellent, film quality was really clear and the editing was top notch. DVD extras are neat, the whole Red Bull Freight train segment was pretty cool. Bender's backflip attempts were cool to watch, he just kept stacking...

I dunno, guess I expected more. The whole "plot" was a really weak part of the movie. I like the opening sequence in 4 a lot better.

Oh yeah, TOO MUCH RAP. Sorry, just a bunch of white kids jumping around to rap just grates against me sometimes. Good music though.

KavuRider
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

a'buh?

yeah...

there was a little too much rap, but I think it actually fit the riding pretty well, like Gracia's part. And this is coming form a guy who normally absolutely hates rap (except RATM)

You guys sound like true fr video coneseurs, I just have picked up the occasional, (usu. really hyped) vid, and I thought this absolutely lived up to the hype, and beyond. I think the street section was absolutely sensational, especially after the so-so street that I saw in Kranked 5; and the tricks off big gaps and drops were great (only like two or three dead sailors in the whole vid). Not to beat a dead horse, but there were also some really, really nice, creative bridge lines.

Oh yeah, yes, I saw Goss' 180 up the same step-up, and realize it was probably harder than the nose- manual, but it looks like Gareth is just gonna land it normally, but then he lands in a nose manual, and rides it out for over 20'! I thought it was sick, and am very happy that I got it (even though there is a little too much rap)
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

mtbr member
    Gracia's part may well have been my favorite part of the video. The music, the editing, and his character made that segment awesome.

I don't know, I guess that I didn't think it lived up to the hype. But as I said before, it was still an awesome vid and I'm sure I will keep watching it again and again.

Oh yeah, btw, if y'all haven't seen NSX 8, that vid was pretty good too. The North Shore stuff is just insane and Dangerous Dan's segment was very well done. They have a split screen, showing him ride a stunt while also showing a helmet cam view of the same stunt.

Oh yeah, Bender pulls a backflip in that vid too on the Shore.

KavuRider
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

soviet pride

i think 3 is best

ya i thought nwd 3 was better than 4 but i have yet to see nwd 5