Northstars Racing future.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Northstars Racing future.

Did Northstar blow it when they held the Pro GRT on Gypsy instead of running Dogbone or one of the nastier trails.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    First impressions are everything.

Glad to Be Alive
    no they made some changes on the line and added a nice drop gap....plus the trail was in really good condition and watered before they race...personally I liked it

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    We'll see what happens to the racing next season now that N* is owned by Vail Inc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I would say no seeing that the event is back

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/2011-pr...e-as-of-92710/
    Last edited by huntandride; 12-16-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by huntandride
    I would say no seeing that the even is back

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/2011-pr...e-as-of-92710/
    great fun....maybe boondocks this year

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It was probably the best N* race i went to this year, the pro line was sick i regret not riding it and the finish line was loads of fun. Boondocks would be fun. But yeah your right they did a great job on Gypsy at the time of the race and it really changed the run for the better for the rest of the year.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

Moose Member
    sick, depending on how fast and good i am at that time i may try to hit the northstar and mammoth races...

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by huntandride
    It was probably the best N* race i went to this year, the pro line was sick i regret not riding it and the finish line was loads of fun. Boondocks would be fun. But yeah your right they did a great job on Gypsy at the time of the race and it really changed the run for the better for the rest of the year.
    I agree. The feedback I got from everyone involved (both racers and industry) was positive.

Professional Troll
    Wow, some people are REALLY spoiled. "Whine whine whine, gypsy sucks, whine whine whine". Granted, boondocks and dogbone karp are better, but gypsy is still a pretty sick trail, and probably better than 90% of resort race trails in the U.S. Some people need to get a grip.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm not complaining. I just feel that Northstar has the potential with it's rocky super technical knar to be a world cup race stop. And i feel like racing on Gypsy is not going to get us the reputation we need for the next level racing.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Why not give people your A game. Gypsy is Northstars C game. I do agree that are C game is *****ing but when my mountain is getting exposure i want it to be an example of our best.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deuceDH
    Why not give people your A game. Gypsy is Northstars C game. I do agree that are C game is *****ing but when my mountain is getting exposure i want it to be an example of our best.

If you want better quality and more "world cup worthy" you should probably try and volunteer to work on the trailbuilding crew out there. Then every trail you have a problem with you can have your hand in making improvements on. Otherwise stop complaining.

You could also move to Colorado and have world class dh coming out of your eyeballs. Some of their blue trails have sections that are tougher than the black diamonds at northstar.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have been trying to get involved for years but unless your part of the cool guy circle jerk they don't want your help. I did spend my college years in Colorado and they were *****n. I just feel that Northstar might be the best in the world when it comes to rocky nasty gardens and i want to see them promote where they are the best. I love Northstar and DH bikes, i put in at least 35 days this year at North*.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Dudeness don't make assumptions. Never once did i say that i have a problem with the trails. Just the pick of the race run. I love Gypsy and every trail at Northstar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deuceDH
    Dudeness don't make assumptions. Never once did i say that i have a problem with the trails. Just the pick of the race run. I love Gypsy and every trail at Northstar.

No worries man, but also look at the Pro grt series as a whole. A lot of those courses were on pretty buff trails. Maybe they considered Gypsy to be rocky enough?
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

Members who have read this thread: 0