NorthStar top trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

NorthStar top trails

A few of us were hitting up North* this weekend, everyone going is a proficient rider (but we're not frequent N* visitors, faves were Gypsy and Livewire for those of us who've gone). It's a 1/2 day there (some concert booo) and we want to maximize our time, so what runs would you do considering you'd probably want to do each run 2x so you get used to the flow?

thanks!

Proud lame eBiker
    Must do Sticks-n-Stones. That's my new N* favorite after they added to the middle section. Now it's just a blast! Awesome mix of tech and fast. Big booters, and some sketchy little rock gardens too.

Other than that, Boondocks is awefully fun too, but it's kinda getting hammered right now, at least that was my feeling a few weekends ago.

Livewire is good, but not my favorite by a long shot.

I always use, Sinuous-Karpiel-Karpiel-PhoDog-Little Ladder Drop by the top of the old lift-Daytona Berms to mid mountain as my first warm-up run. It always makes me smile. Such fast smooth riding that run.

I'm missing that place right now....but Whistler in two weeks, so I can't complain!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Boondocks, Sticks and Karpiel.

injured reserve list
    Dogbone.
    You're not entitled to anything until you work hard and earn it. CMQ

mtbr member
    +1 Dog Bone

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    My warm-up run every morning is sinuous to flameout. Not the techy-est trail by any means but it's pretty flat out. Then Boondocks, then karp, dog bone and sticks. I decided not to go this weekend because of the shortened hours

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspecialized
    My warm-up run every morning is sinuous to flameout. Not the techy-est trail by any means but it's pretty flat out. Then Boondocks, then karp, dog bone and sticks. I decided not to go this weekend because of the shortened hours
    Its only shortened hours on Saturday, Karpiel race Sunday

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I heard it was a dog bone race...

EDIT: from the site

Dogbone (pro/expert)
    Karpiel to Speed Control to Lower Sticks & Stones (sport/beginner)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

eh

I guess my only reply, having been there one day a couple weeks ago is, the left upper lift is only open on the weekend. So if you or anyone else reading this is planning on going, don't plan the upper left stuff if you're not going Fri-Sun. I didn't do sticks and stone and some of the others due to this, but I'll tell you what, live wire is a must do while you are there, gypsy is a waste imho. The dirt down there is nothing like our dirt in northern Or. I was trashed by the end of the day, so you may not even want a full day there . No offense locals.

Moose Member
    I'm a local and I'm offended...

Just kidding

Anyway do I think it's about half of livewire and there's a blue trail (frolick maybe?) and it takes u to the vista side about halfway down... Fun stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonvivant
    I guess my only reply, having been there one day a couple weeks ago is, the left upper lift is only open on the weekend. So if you or anyone else reading this is planning on going, don't plan the upper left stuff if you're not going Fri-Sun. I didn't do sticks and stone and some of the others due to this, but I'll tell you what, live wire is a must do while you are there, gypsy is a waste imho. The dirt down there is nothing like our dirt in northern Or. I was trashed by the end of the day, so you may not even want a full day there . No offense locals.

You could have done all the other trails with an easy 10 minute walk from the top.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    everybody else hates it, but the more rutted and beat to **** boondocks becomes, the more I love it.

so I purposely drag my brakes as hard as I can in every possible corner.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gurp
    You could have done all the other trails with an easy 10 minute walk from the top.
    I did peddle it one time to hit little trees, but doing more than once is a PITA imho.

Members who have read this thread: 0