northstar - polar bear dh (pics)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

northstar - polar bear dh (pics)

some cool race photos from northstar...

http://www.msdhw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3550

props to the guy who took these pics. that b/w is a really nice piece of art.

that was one of the funnest days i've had at northstar. it's not exactly every day that you get to race dh in the middle of a snow storm, at least not here in ca anyway. i really liked how they did the course this time too. the course was super fun and the trail conditions were the best i've seen. i'm glad i brought my longjohns though. it was -cold-.

anybody else make it out there?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    awesome pics. my bike is broken right now so i couldnt make it up for the last race What changes did they make to the course?

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    Cornholio,

MVRIDER and I hooked up Saturday and had a good time. How'd you do? It was pretty cold in the morning. It didn't seem too cold till going up on the lift. That is when it got pretty cold.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by N*Rider
    awesome pics. my bike is broken right now so i couldnt make it up for the last race What changes did they make to the course?
    they replaced speed control with funner stuff in the middle. beginner/sport did upper karpiel, middle karpiel, lower pho dogg. expert/pro did upper karpiel, middle dog bone, slabs to lower karpiel. i wish they would run it like that more often. speed control is fast but too boring imo. it's nice when they change it up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    Cornholio,

MVRIDER and I hooked up Saturday and had a good time. How'd you do? It was pretty cold in the morning. It didn't seem too cold till going up on the lift. That is when it got pretty cold.
    yep, it was hella cold. i did ok, came in 2nd by 1.5 seconds, which put me in last place (where are all the other beginner vets?? lol), but i was pretty happy with my time (5:48). i had a really good run going on my 2nd run, passed the guy in front of me about halfway down, then crashed twice, bent my rotor and my derailer hanger so i couldn't shift anymore. but it was fun.

what have we got? 3 more weeks left? PM me if you want to ride... I'm definitely going to make it out there at least one more time before they close. speaking of which, i've heard they're closing on oct 11, but their web site says the offical closing date is oct 10. oct 11 is a monday... customer appreciation day maybe??

Absurd

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    Cornholio,

Yea- that was a fun day!! Unfortunatly I got talked into driving back home that night, so I pretty much left right after you. Damn, I wish I would have stayed for some snow riding on Sunday, but the thought of using a campground shower in 40 degree weather after a day at N* just did'nt sound that good! Thanks again for the quick release seat clamp, it's a huge improvement!!

Hey Cornholio, did you place? Are you going to Mammoth this weekend?

J_B, If you're still interested in that CD, PM me with your address, I'll try to get it burned and get it sent it off to you this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    Hey Cornholio, did you place? Are you going to Mammoth this weekend?
    yes, i am going to mammoth. are you going? if so, PM me...

Absurd

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by cornholio
    yes, i am going to mammoth. are you going? if so, PM me...
    PM Sent!