Northstar Info . . .- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Northstar Info . . .

Hello dirt lovers. I'm sure you already know this, but just wanted to be sure you have the information straight:
    ∑ Northstar opens on Friday, June 18!
    ∑ Opening day is only $10.
    ∑ $$$s from opening day goes to building a freestyle feature ("North Shore Style Stunts," Freeride features, More Jumps, Bigger burms, Trail Watering, Teeter Totters, and Improved Jib features).
    ∑ Gondola will take you to mid-mountain
    ∑ Echo Chair is getting the boot
    ∑ As part of our commitment to the sport the resort has hired on a full time crew to do race events, trail maintenance, and the construction of new terrain features (burms, jumps, ladder rides, log rides etc.)
    ∑ If you are buying a pass do it before June 20th. Then prices go up a little
    ∑ Three races are scheduled for July 18, August 15 and September 19.
    ∑ If you want a lung burner, enter the Bill Goat Mountain Climb on August 22 and race to the top. Donít worry I wonít hold my breath waiting for you to enter

One final thing . . . Team Big Bear is here September 11-12th.

Jan 2004
    man you guys got a good program going there, sounds like fun

Jan 2004
    yeah, sounds and looks like a good time. Wish I could go out there.

Jm.

Jan 2004
    trail Watering!!! Yay!!!!

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.

but N* dust is what makes it fun!!

Jm.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian

but N* dust is what makes it fun!!

True, but we don't know about the medical side-effects of breathing in pounds of dust per year.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Jib Features!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

surf-ride-repeat

How far is Northstar from Eugene?

...though I may not get to leave as we are desiging a skills coarse at willamette pass, and there will be 3 races there ... but maybe a roadtrip?

Absurd
    True, but we don't know about the medical side-effects of breathing in pounds of dust per year.
    Pounds of granite at that! You guys ever loose your voice at the end of the day just cause you've coated your throat with so much of the sh!t ?

man, I gotta remember to go get some goggles too!!

Flyin Canine
    Man that is awesome. I have been driving all the way to Whistler from the bay area to get my fill for the past couple of years. Now it looks like Northstar is trying to catch up. SWEET. You guys are on the right track. I hated the echo chair! I haven't used a gondola before for bikes but it's gotta be faster than echo. I love the idea or more log rides and ladders too. Have you guys thought about installing newer style bike carriers like Whistler has?

Apr 2004

aw cmon...

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar Rep
    Hello dirt lovers. I'm sure you already know this, but just wanted to be sure you have the information straight:
    ∑ Northstar opens on Friday, June 18!
    ∑ Opening day is only $10.
    ∑ $$$s from opening day goes to building a freestyle feature ("North Shore Style Stunts," Freeride features, More Jumps, Bigger burms, Trail Watering, Teeter Totters, and Improved Jib features).
    ∑ Gondola will take you to mid-mountain
    ∑ Echo Chair is getting the boot
    ∑ As part of our commitment to the sport the resort has hired on a full time crew to do race events, trail maintenance, and the construction of new terrain features (burms, jumps, ladder rides, log rides etc.)
    ∑ If you are buying a pass do it before June 20th. Then prices go up a little
    ∑ Three races are scheduled for July 18, August 15 and September 19.
    ∑ If you want a lung burner, enter the Bill Goat Mountain Climb on August 22 and race to the top. Donít worry I wonít hold my breath waiting for you to enter

One final thing . . . Team Big Bear is here September 11-12th.

Photos, details on these jibs??? CMon I'm already lsoin it with anticipation.

I like bikes

Wanted: N* Sept 19 DH race results

Does anyone happen to have the race results from the Northstar September 19th DH race?

Thanks.

Broken and dizzy

Good job!

Great to see N* is making the effort to step it up a notch this year espcially considering the closure of Big Bear.

Way to go guys!!

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfinguru
    Great to see N* is making the effort to step it up a notch this year espcially considering the closure of Big Bear.

Way to go guys!!
    Look at the date on the first post.

Stand back

educational post

That is cool - more places need to step up their biking commitment and have a presence on the board, BUT it's spelled: B E R M.
    Sorry, sometimes my inner 5th grade spelling bee winner takes over and I momentarily lose control of myself.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

I like bikes

2004 race results

the original post was for the 2004 season.

I am looking for race results from the September 19, 2004 N* race

Broken and dizzy
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Look at the date on the first post.
    Ah man, that's what I get for trying to multi-task while on a conference call. Whatever.....

nothing to see here, move along...

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychos
    the original post was for the 2004 season.

I am looking for race results from the September 19, 2004 N* race
    Really? I thought you were looking for results for september 2005.

I've got'em if you want them.

Mar 2004

Northstar Update

This is what I know as of now . . . it's looking like it will stick, but is still subject to change.

Northstar opens on Saturday, June 25!

No discounted ticket on opening day.

New Village Express Quad chair will take you to mid-mountain

Echo Chair is GONE!

Passes will be on sale for $199

Three - four DH races will be scheduled. Dates still TBD.

Team Big Bear is here July 9-10th.

Glad to Be Alive
    any group discounts available for like 6 to 10 people minimum
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt

...though I may not get to leave as we are desiging a skills coarse at willamette pass, and there will be 3 races there ... but maybe a roadtrip?

you idiot never heard of a map......it is in tahoe

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=x...ca&tcountry=us
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I like bikes

Big Bear race at N* this weekend (July 9th)

Does anyone have any info on the races at Northstar this weekend?

I am wondering if the DH course is the same as for the other N* races. Is the Beginner/Sport course easier than the Expert/Pro?

What is the Super D course setup?

Here are the links to the race info, but nothing about the course layout

http://www.teambigbear.com/event_det...p?event_id=113

http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info...ing-events.asp
    Stop being so pissed and save your energy for the ride

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt

I talked to Evil about meeting you there....sometime in August

mtbr member
    Does anyone have any info on the races at Northstar this weekend?

I am wondering if the DH course is the same as for the other N* races. Is the Beginner/Sport course easier than the Expert/Pro?

What is the Super D course setup?

Here are the links to the race info, but nothing about the course layout

http://www.teambigbear.com/event_det...p?event_id=113

http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info...ing-events.asp
    the course layout will probably be about the same as it always is--karpiel, speed control, slabs/dog bone for expert/pro, lower pho dogg for beginner sport. yes, the beginner/sport course is easier than expert/pro, less tech but more pedalling.

if they change it up a bit, cool. if they change it a lot, even better. maybe they'll have something different in the middle section instead of speed control, like karpiel or pho dogg, or what would really kick a$$ would be to use the middle section of dog bone instead of speed control. i can think of a cool A line B line option at the beginning of that part (next to the pancake drop on dogbone). the faster line could take the small rock drop just off the side of the speed control entrance which leads straight into the small tabletop jump on dogbone, and the slower line would take the normal trail entrance next to the big pancake rock. any course organizer types listening?? speed control is cool, but it's nice to get a little surprise now and then. my guess is it will more or less follow the usual course.

i raced super D last year. it went down the first part of flameout, then some smooth mostly flat singletrack, then a fireroad with a couple short climbs. i don't remember the details of the course, but i was the only one on a dh bike, and had no seat having just destroyed it in the dh race. not surprisingly i got smoked, but it was fun to give it a try.

see you out there. btw, i have the results for the september 04 n* race if you still need them, the one during the snow storm.

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by cornholio
    the course layout will probably be about the same as it always is--karpiel, speed control, slabs/dog bone for expert/pro, lower pho dogg for beginner sport. yes, the beginner/sport course is easier than expert/pro, less tech but more pedalling.

if they change it up a bit, cool. if they change it a lot, even better. maybe they'll have something different in the middle section instead of speed control, like karpiel or pho dogg, or what would really kick a$$ would be to use the middle section of dog bone instead of speed control. i can think of a cool A line B line option at the beginning of that part (next to the pancake drop on dogbone). the faster line could take the small rock drop just off the side of the speed control entrance which leads straight into the small tabletop jump on dogbone, and the slower line would take the normal trail entrance next to the big pancake rock. any course organizer types listening?? speed control is cool, but it's nice to get a little surprise now and then. my guess is it will more or less follow the usual course.

i raced super D last year. it went down the first part of flameout, then some smooth mostly flat singletrack, then a fireroad with a couple short climbs. i don't remember the details of the course, but i was the only one on a dh bike, and had no seat having just destroyed it in the dh race. not surprisingly i got smoked, but it was fun to give it a try.

see you out there. btw, i have the results for the september 04 n* race if you still need them, the one during the snow storm.

Good luck man.

huckit
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cornholio

Last year they ran Karp to dog bone (around speed control) to slabs/vietnam Berms, with the section if vietnam going around the right side of the tree before the loose gravel double drop section.

I like bikes

lift ticket

Thanks all.

Does anyone know if the registration fee includes the price of the lift ticket?
    Stop being so pissed and save your energy for the ride

Absurd
    Thanks all.

Does anyone know if the registration fee includes the price of the lift ticket?
    That's a NEGATIVE. But I think there may be a small discount on lift tix for racers....I think. Any spectators who want to take the lift to mid mountain will have to pay. I believe that is $15

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

If you need to know for sure I'd call 1-800-GO-NORTH