Northstar august 3rd and 4th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Northstar august 3rd and 4th

who's gonna be up there? This is gonna be my first time there and I dont know the trails. I was wondering if anyone going knew the trails good and if my buddies and i could ride with them to make the best of it. I might be riding with raptordude on monday but i would also like to ride with someone on saturday too.

thanks
    Last edited by MTB_prodigy; 07-30-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Capricious youth...
    I'll be there on Saturday, the 2nd, and Sunday the 3rd.

What kinda' bike are you riding? What type of riding do you like to do. We tend to his most of the trail over two days there. Warm up on Livewire. Hit Boondocks a lot. Sinuous, speed control, and parts of Karpiel, DogBone, and PhoDog. Just depends on what people want to do.
    Meh.

Do it with style
    just got back from there. i recomend livewire to boondocks, or sticks and stones to po dogg, gypsy was fun too. it was my first time there and i have too say it's no whistler but still fun,lots of gnarly rocks and moon dust bring goggles, they run sprinklers on live wire twice a day so it's not too bad...rode tunnel trail in auburn too its like the trails in ashland oregon but ashland has more jumps and stunts.no 2ft booter to flat

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL E
    rode tunnel trail in auburn too its like the trails in ashland oregon but ashland has more jumps and stunts.no 2ft booter to flat
    hahahaha you've said everything I feel about that trail in half a sentence "2ft booter to flat"

all of my friends love riding that trail because they hate steep rocky stuff. Its so incredibly boring at this point

anyway, sorry to derail the thread, back OT

N* Bomber Crew
    I know I PMed you saying I'd be up there but I think financially gas wise I may need to take a week off from N*.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

hmmmm
    man, I have sunday / monday off this week... but can't afford the gas to drive up there by myself

mtbr member
    I would be up there, but I have to get my wisdom teeth out Friday. Hopefully, I'll be be feeling better by Wednesday and can get back up there.

hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by novato kid
    I would be up there, but I have to get my wisdom teeth out Friday. Hopefully, I'll be be feeling better by Wednesday and can get back up there.

pffffff.... I had my Wisdom teeth out at noon on a Friday, was at a party by 8 that night and went shuttling at 11am on Saturday worked Sunday through the rest of the week. wisdom teeth are not really that bad..... unless they are impacted, or get infected, then you're ****ed

mtbr member
    I am going to be up there then, I would be happy to show you around! I will be there with Trail Bait and at least 5 other friends. Don't ride alone. Send me a PM and I will be happy to give you my cell #.

I will be up there Friday the 1st through Monday the 4th.

You are going to LOVE Northstar! This is my second visit this summer....
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalis12
    pffffff.... I had my Wisdom teeth out at noon on a Friday, was at a party by 8 that night and went shuttling at 11am on Saturday worked Sunday through the rest of the week. wisdom teeth are not really that bad..... unless they are impacted, or get infected, then you're ****ed
    A few of mine are deep in there. The doctor said he is going to have to do some digging. He said I 'd be down for at least a week. Hopefully it won't be that bad. I just want to be able to ride by Monday. My friend has a cabin up there for all of next week so I just want to be feeling good.

StraightOuttaCompton
    if i go i will try and spot you. it shouldnt be too hard with your murdered out bullit and deemaxes
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

hmmmm
    if he's doing digging yo'll be out for several days, too bad :/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    if i go i will try and spot you. it shouldnt be too hard with your murdered out bullit and deemaxes

hope i see ya there

mtbr member
    See you up there Nick, I'm still riding the grey Kona with a 888. Look forward to riding with you again.

StraightOuttaCompton
    hope i see ya there
    and i will be riding my blue kumicho. red brake rotors.

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by novato kid
    A few of mine are deep in there. The doctor said he is going to have to do some digging. He said I 'd be down for at least a week. Hopefully it won't be that bad. I just want to be able to ride by Monday. My friend has a cabin up there for all of next week so I just want to be feeling good.
    You'll be out for about 4-5 days. But trust me, the drugs, are way fun the first day or two.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    See you up there Nick, I'm still riding the grey Kona with a 888. Look forward to riding with you again.

We'll definitely have fun up there. I remember that pic of you doing the table and I dont know why but i was thinking to myself (steves gonna be doin tabletops all the way down livewire). You never came down to mt wilson, should come join us sometime.

EastBaySteez
    I'll be up there on my green 7point with a 888. Crazy painted Giro Remedy. Cant miss me.

Prob be reppin a Wrench Science jersey. Bright orange and grey, I'll show you around no prob.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

LDH
    mtbr member
    get the map and don't push hard or ride too fast on any of your first runs down the black diamond trails as they have many man made features that can catch you out if you are not ready (doubles,wheel traps etc.), most trails do offer several lines at many stunts but you have to slow down and look carefully to pick your line. You can turn it up on your second run but i would'nt push if you are by yourself as some trail are lightly ridden. Soften up your bike as the trail are loose and rocky.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ahhhh i wanna go so bad!!! **** i just got a dirty30 for my V-steez!!! but....im in china right now

Capricious youth...
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    I'll be up there on my green 7point with a 888. Crazy painted Giro Remedy. Cant miss me.

Prob be reppin a Wrench Science jersey. Bright orange and grey, I'll show you around no prob.
    Grant's helmet will give you a seizure. Epileptic steez.

On a side note, if you see a guy on a raw-framed 7point with a Totem, give me a holler. The name's Mike. I'll be up there with a guy on a grey Sunday with an old Boxxer, a brown/black Demo 7 with a Totem, and a guy on a VP Free with a 888.

Can't wait! In exactly 48 hours I'll be taking the lift to the top!
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I was up at N* on Mon and Tue for the first time. "rocky" is an understatement for some of the trails. I rented a glory 1 for mon and didnt like the set up. So I used my enduro for tues. I felt that some of the double black diamonds were too much for my bike. N* terrain will make a different, and better rider out of you. Unfortualty, I couldnt spot any MTBR guys up there so I rode by myself. Which icould be good, because nobody saw that over the bars crash on Gypsy. Still hurts to walk he he.

LDH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elation
    I was up at N* on Mon and Tue for the first time. "rocky" is an understatement for some of the trails. I rented a glory 1 for mon and didnt like the set up. So I used my enduro for tues. I felt that some of the double black diamonds were too much for my bike. N* terrain will make a different, and better rider out of you. Unfortualty, I couldnt spot any MTBR guys up there so I rode by myself. Which icould be good, because nobody saw that over the bars crash on Gypsy. Still hurts to walk he he.
    my son destroyed his rear wheel so I rented a trance x2 for him , they had the tires and suspension rock hard so I spent a couple of minutes airing down the tires and setting sag and he was good to go. They do NO setup whatsoever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LDH
    my son destroyed his rear wheel so I rented a trance x2 for him , they had the tires and suspension rock hard so I spent a couple of minutes airing down the tires and setting sag and he was good to go. They do NO setup whatsoever.
    When I rented my bike the other day, the rental guy acted like I asked an offending qustion when I needed set up help. Dont expect any help from the early day rental guy.

mtbr member
    I'm not gonna be going. I got a bad fever. So pissed off. My one chance to go this year and its ruined.

EastBaySteez
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    Grant's helmet will give you a seizure. Epileptic steez.
    Only on tuesdays.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear it, hope you're feeling better really soon and make it up.

Capricious youth...
    T-minus 21 hours until I leave for The Star.
    Meh.

Capricious youth...
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Only on tuesdays.
    ...during a full moon...
    Meh.

mtbr member
    I ended up getting better and going. I rode with trail bait a little but i didnt see djponee. I also saw somebody else but forgot their name. Northstar was a blast. I had so much fun on livewire, really helped me get my whips down.

StraightOuttaCompton
    yea, i couldnt get ride up to the mountain because my dad was out of town and my mom had to work and take my sister to ballet and ****. the good news is i get my drivers license in 2 days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB_prodigy
    I ended up getting better and going. I rode with trail bait a little but i didnt see djponee. I also saw somebody else but forgot their name. Northstar was a blast. I had so much fun on livewire, really helped me get my whips down.
    Good to get to ride with you again, accidentally the footage of us on bombing that double on top of Karpiel was recorded over I'm really sorry, all I have is Brad and Mark hitting it. I went to clean and tune my bike today and found a crack in the frame frame this weekend. So the I'm outta comish till I get another Coiler frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    I went to clean and tune my bike today and found a crack in the frame frame this weekend. So the I'm outta comish till I get another Coiler frame.

That sucks man. I'll see if I can find you a frame to ride in the meantime. How was northstar? I'm probably heading up there either this weekend or next.

mtbr member

Bobby Peru above "rock'n it" Thanks James but I'm gonna ride the DJ till it comes back from warranty. Hopefully I'll have my 4x done soon too.

P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB_prodigy
    I rode with trail bait a little but i didnt see djponee. I also saw somebody else but forgot their name.
    I think that was me. I tried to be friendly, but you didn't say much. Riding a Black 08 V-10.
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtahoe
    I think that was me. I tried to be friendly, but you didn't say much. Riding a Black 08 V-10.

Sorry, I was kinda confused thats why. I was trying to remember you but i couldnt remember anyone named dhtahoe. I feel like a dick.

Sorry.

Members who have read this thread: 0