Norco bikes help...- Mtbr.com
    I"ll see you in Hell

Norco bikes help...

I just traded some of my old XC stuff for a '00 VPS 3 frame. I built it up and got in some riding this weekend on it, but have some Q's. First- where can I get derailleur hangers? I killed mine on the second run
    second- anyone running a single dh ring up front, and what kind of chain guide are you running? My MRP 42t ring won't fit with the bashguards. I have the sandwich type that spins with the ring instead of the inside plate being fixed to the frame. Should I stick with a double ring and bashguard up front and get a double ring guide for it?
    third- what can I do to get more travel out of the rear? Is there an aftermarket linkage for it or a rear available that will allow for a 24in. wheel with longer stays?

I'm running a '99 Monster on it and would like to even out the travel. It's a pretty fun bike, but needs some tweeking to right for me. It's pretty short compared to my DH rig so high speeds are a little sketchy, but switchbacks are a breeze. Pics to come as soon as I get it built right.

Thanks for any help.
    Jeff-
    IT'S A DRY HEAT

There's no app for this.

try these mtbberzrkr

Hey Jeff, long time no see! Norco.com site has some USA dealers for hangers; if that fails, email Johnhenrybikes.com, Norco's largest dealer. If you get stuck, email me and I'll buy 'em and mail 'em.

I'd check for Norco help over at www.nsmb.com, lots of Norco guys there. Again, if you get no answers email me and I'll drop you into the local Norco scene. I'm still on a Bullit so not that familiar with VPS, but have a few core VPS buds with them that can help.

Later, Jim

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    A word of warning though, a VPS 3 with a Monster isn't going to last long. I think that was a 5" bike?

I seem to recall that vintage going through a lot of chain stays.

Found the Norco page for the bike.
    http://www.norco.com/bikes/2000bikes/vps3.htm

Yup, 4" to 5" bike. Running a 5" single crown fork and using it as a light FR/trail bike might be a better choice.

I"ll see you in Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    A word of warning though, a VPS 3 with a Monster isn't going to last long. I think that was a 5" bike?

I seem to recall that vintage going through a lot of chain stays.

Found the Norco page for the bike.
    http://www.norco.com/bikes/2000bikes/vps3.htm

Yup, 4" to 5" bike. Running a 5" single crown fork and using it as a light FR/trail bike might be a better choice.

It only has to last until I get my new KHS DH frame. They say it's on its way. The new ones are pretty much an Azonic Eliminator with beefed up gussets. The paint scheme is terrible, though. Black rear end, blue fade to yellow front end, and it's a really bad fade job. I'm definitely getting the front painted when I get it. I may just pimp-out the Norco when I get my new DH ride. Chrome & custom paint. I go to school with a guy who does real good airbrush work. Then I probably throw a 5" 'Zoke on it.
    IT'S A DRY HEAT

Be gentle, big boy!

(Look what happens when you google "mtbberzrkr".)

Justin Vander Pol
    Hey, that looks a lot like Sedona! Damn, all by biking buds are down there right now as we mold up here in dank Seattle.

Up here in Vancouver it is a sunny day.

Time to ride home through the trails.