norba series titles- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

norba series titles

I was looking on norba's site and it says for 2005 your best 4 finishines will count towards the national titles. Didn't they go to a one day championship to determine national titles this year ? I really don't understand the national series points system, can someone explane them to me, Is the UCI national championship different than norba ?

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ_PA
    I was looking on norba's site and it says for 2005 your best 4 finishines will count towards the national titles. Didn't they go to a one day championship to determine national titles this year ? I really don't understand the national series points system, can someone explane them to me, Is the UCI national championship different than norba ?
    There are hundreds of races across the U.S. that are Norba sanctioned. However, there are only a handfull of Norba National Championship Series (NCS) races, these are the ones held at Snow Summit, Mt. Snow, Durango, etc. You accumulate points at those races, and the person with the most points at the end of the season wins the NCS title. There is also a race for the U.S. Champion. This is a seperate race from the NCS; kinda like a big farwell to the racing season. This year, Greg Minnar was the Norba NCS champion, while Chris Del Bosco won the U.S. Championship at Mammoth, CA. I'm not sure why they do this; maybe to determine who will represent the U.S. at the World Championship.

UCI has a similar set up, with races at Mt. Ste. Anne, Fort William, etc. The UCI DH Overall champion was Steve Peat, but Fabien Barrel (sp?) won the World Championship for DH at Les Gets.

Hope that answers your question, if not, post a reply.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    So the norba finals at Mount snow will be the finals for that series and the US championship at mamoth is the one day event for the US title.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Yeah, looks like there's going to be 5 NCS DH races. I don't know what races are at the NOVA event, maybe XC and STXC.