No Footed Can-can! Movie Inside! Me Spell Good. Me Learnt!- Mtbr.com
    Mountain Biker

No Footed Can-can! Movie Inside! Me Spell Good. Me Learnt!

Here it is tell me what you think. Also what should do better?. Thanks alot! .

<object width='400' height='300'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/128' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/128' width='400' height='300' allowFullScreen='true' /></object>
    Last edited by balfabiker22; 09-29-2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: I NEEDED TO LEARNT TO SPELL!
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

clyde in training
    pretty sweet dude. now do it off of a ladder drop

Mountain Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    pretty sweet dude. now do it off of a ladder drop
    LOL, i think i need to get em down perfect before even thinking about that.

Premier of Sonar!

dirt rules
    wo0t! Very cool...

mtbr member
    yeah brosif

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I can't tell what I like better, three stars or no footer cans

But nice one. I like the edit
    I roam the streets of the city...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    looks like you need to learnt the english language before you start doing anymore bike tricks

Now with flavor!!
    The can can is a good'in

But more importantly I want to know how you did your titles and that little zoom at 28 seconds in
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Equal opportunity meanie
    I'm sure the no footer cans will overcome the ability to spell when it comes job time. I doubt gas stations care though.

Mountain Biker
    Wowz...spelling police over here. I'm sorry.

Premier of Sonar!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by balfabiker22
    Wowz...spelling police over here. I'm sorry.

weeeeoooooweeeeeooooooo. under arrest, 2 spelling errors in the same thread.

Mountain Biker
    Ahhhh, take me in officer. I need to learnt muuch beeter.

Premier of Sonar!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The can can is a good'in

But more importantly I want to know how you did your titles and that little zoom at 28 seconds in
    well to start out it will depend on what editor you use. I use Sony Vegas 7, but whatever you have might work.

for the titles: i did 3 layers, the top 2 being on "dodge" mode and the bottom on "source alpha" (normal). The top layer is a standard noise texture that has a 0 to 10 degree progress change from the first to last keyframe. This makes it move. The 2nd layer is normal text. The 3rd layer is a copy of the 2nd layer text, but with a gaussian blur applied so that the noise texture shines through. That should get ya started. If you want the text to kinda appear to blur into or out of the noise (like what i did when it says Funspot at the beginning and blurs away) you add a gaussian blur to the 2nd layer as well, but only have it begin when you want the text it to fade away. Then have the last keyframe with a blur matching the size of the screen similar to the size of the blur on the 3rd layer(but it won't be as much of a blur because the 2nd layer is on "dodge mode"). You can also add various color gradients to the text or just change the color and you get a colored effect like when it says "More Soon..." at the end.

for the zoom: First you need to keep it in mind when filming that you want to do this. It REALLY helps to have the camera on a tripod. So set up your camera, film the jump or whatever, and leave it recording after the rider leaves the frame for a little bit. Now when you edit, save a frame of the point that you want it to zoom at, and split the clip there. Also save a frame of the footage after the rider left the frame. Then, cut out the rider (with the mask tool) from the saved frame of the trick (in my case the whip) and then layer that over the frame of the jump without the rider. This should look just like the original frame of the rider (but now you have the rider separated from the background). You can probably see where this is going. Use your pan tool on the rider layer, and select the last keyframe. Then shrink the pan box and the rider will grow accordingly (the more you shrink, the bigger the rider will become). This goes both ways. You can make the pan box bigger too, and that will make the rider shrink. On the shot of Jacob's whip, i also make kinda a weird shadow thing of him go straight down along with the zoom. I just took a copy of the frame of him (where it zooms) and layered it over the original. Then instead of having this zoom i unshrunk the pan box (returned it to default size) and made the pan box go all the way up on the last keyframe. This caused him to go down. When i layered this above the original (the one that zooms) i set the layer to "dodge" so it kinda appears ghost-like. Anyway then you have your 3 layers, and you put them right after where you originally split the clip, and then put the other part of the clip after the layers.

Well I hope that helps, sorry if its confusing. Good Luck!

dirt rules
    Damn, I wish I had editing skills like that. I can use about 1/50th of Vegas' potential.
    Thanks for explaining that...

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    skills.... XD

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackf40
    well to start out it will depend on what editor you use. I use Sony Vegas 7, but whatever you have might work.

for the titles: i did 3 layers, the top 2 being on "dodge" mode and the bottom on "source alpha" (normal). The top layer is a standard noise texture that has a 0 to 10 degree progress change from the first to last keyframe. This makes it move. The 2nd layer is normal text. The 3rd layer is a copy of the 2nd layer text, but with a gaussian blur applied so that the noise texture shines through. That should get ya started. If you want the text to kinda appear to blur into or out of the noise (like what i did when it says Funspot at the beginning and blurs away) you add a gaussian blur to the 2nd layer as well, but only have it begin when you want the text it to fade away. Then have the last keyframe with a blur matching the size of the screen similar to the size of the blur on the 3rd layer(but it won't be as much of a blur because the 2nd layer is on "dodge mode"). You can also add various color gradients to the text or just change the color and you get a colored effect like when it says "More Soon..." at the end.

for the zoom: First you need to keep it in mind when filming that you want to do this. It REALLY helps to have the camera on a tripod. So set up your camera, film the jump or whatever, and leave it recording after the rider leaves the frame for a little bit. Now when you edit, save a frame of the point that you want it to zoom at, and split the clip there. Also save a frame of the footage after the rider left the frame. Then, cut out the rider (with the mask tool) from the saved frame of the trick (in my case the whip) and then layer that over the frame of the jump without the rider. This should look just like the original frame of the rider (but now you have the rider separated from the background). You can probably see where this is going. Use your pan tool on the rider layer, and select the last keyframe. Then shrink the pan box and the rider will grow accordingly (the more you shrink, the bigger the rider will become). This goes both ways. You can make the pan box bigger too, and that will make the rider shrink. On the shot of Jacob's whip, i also make kinda a weird shadow thing of him go straight down along with the zoom. I just took a copy of the frame of him (where it zooms) and layered it over the original. Then instead of having this zoom i unshrunk the pan box (returned it to default size) and made the pan box go all the way up on the last keyframe. This caused him to go down. When i layered this above the original (the one that zooms) i set the layer to "dodge" so it kinda appears ghost-like. Anyway then you have your 3 layers, and you put them right after where you originally split the clip, and then put the other part of the clip after the layers.

Well I hope that helps, sorry if its confusing. Good Luck!

Thanks man!

I'm using adobe premiere pro and just got After Effects (which is WAY over my head at this point). I'll have to figure out the nuances of AE of course but your tips will be helpful for sure.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

surf-ride-repeat
    Sick, no foot cans get you laid ... for sure.

Glad to Be Alive
    coolness
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0