mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Nine Industries Hubs?

Has anybody heard of them?
    What do you think of them?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    you mean Industry Nine.. so far reports are good... mos def a high end wheel

mtbr member
    My friend made one go boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Oh really??? Story??? What failed? What was the circumstance?
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

mtbr member
    I'm guessing that was probably your friends fault, not I9's. What happened exactly, I am curious. I know almost everyone that works there and ride with them occasionally since their business is just down the road from my house. I am sure if the problem was related to manufacturing issues they will take care of you. So, whats the story?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    don't have any personally, but a few guys at my lbs have them and love them

the rear hub is fantastic - the engagement is almost instant

they are also the best looking hubs i have seen

i am considering a set for my remedy

the guys i know have them on a nomad and a prophet

they don't come cheap - but from my limited exposure, they sure seem to be worth it

i may also be biased as i live in nc - where the company is located

let us know if you take the plunge
    clunger

Proud lame eBiker

I'm interested in the story as well! Everything I've been told is that they could take more torque than a Ford Deisel tranny....so le'ts hear how it went *BOOM*?!

izumusx988
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    I'm interested in the story as well! Everything I've been told is that they could take more torque than a Ford Deisel tranny....so le'ts hear how it went *BOOM*?!
    the spokes snaped right out of the hubs, you would undertand if you knew him
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vpjackal989
    Sounds like your friend didn't properly adjust his spokes. All wheels need to be adjusted from time to time. Unless of course he over tightened them and stripped the threads on the hubs. Sounds like they failed on his account, not on Industrynine.

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    I think he's refering to Garritt at Mt. Snow and if I'm not wrong it was 2-3 spokes and Tom V popped new ones in and the wheel was good to go immediately following.

Believe me, if I could afford a set I'd have them. The neat thing about their spokes is that you don't have to take off the cassette or the rotor to replace a spoke. It's the fastest swap out known to man other than a spare wheel.
    I am not a "Role Model"

izumusx988
    Quote Originally Posted by bizutch
    I think he's refering to Garritt at Mt. Snow and if I'm not wrong it was 2-3 spokes and Tom V popped new ones in and the wheel was good to go immediately following.

Believe me, if I could afford a set I'd have them. The neat thing about their spokes is that you don't have to take off the cassette or the rotor to replace a spoke. It's the fastest swap out known to man other than a spare wheel.
    no, this was jamie ford, i belive the spokes snapped , and the rim was taco'ed. I seriosly doubt he set up the wheels wrong. He rides rediculusly fast tho, he won pro at plattekill last weekend.
    -Rob

Northeast Sovereign racing - Morewood bikes-maxxis-hayes-e13

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by vpjackal989
    Any pictures? I'd like to check that out.

I've got a guy who KILLS rear hubs. He would split the shimano cassette bodies open like walnuts as soon as he went up something short and steep.

Went with the DT/Swiss hubs after that and pretty good luck with those. But still once a year or so the hub shell splits and the ring-pawl spins inside the hubshell.

So now, he's on an old Hope Big`Un hub I laced in for him and that's been going strong for a few years now...but always on the look out for something better/modern.
    Been curious about the I9 becuase they have said they've had zero failures...
    but everything breaks in due time.

twinkie
    May 2004
    Just to complete this story. The hubs on dude's bike did not go boom, they are fine and we are re-using them. He ordered an Enduro wheelset (1840gr) for pro level DH riding. He just got the wrong wheels for the given application. We'll see how he does on his DH set.
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0