Newbie with a "Which should I keep?" thread- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Newbie with a "Which should I keep?" thread

Evenin' ladies and gents. I had picked up a Giant XTC AC1 (2001) a few weeks back and have been loving the ride so far. A local police auction caught my attention and I ended up picking up a Cannondale Gemini 900 (2003) that's in pristine condition. Both medium frame, but the Gemini seems to be in better shape. Both also have new saddles and just bought new pedals for one of em

Currently, the Giant is stock except for a 02 Boxxer, a Manitou Swinger, a (new) Juicy 3.5 rear and Maxxis/Michelin tires.

The Gemini is stock except for a Fox Vanilla RC on the back.

In case you're not familiar with the specs, Bikepedia links!

Giant: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...5605&Type=bike
    Cannondale: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...9448&Type=bike

I'm guessing it's going to come down to taste, but I think I may be leaning towards the single pivot, single crown gemini. I'm 5'10, 155lbs and once again, I'm new to all this. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    keep whatever feels best. if you're worried about parts, just swap them out between bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    The AC is technically a single pivot as well. I don't normally say this but in this case I think the Cannondale would be the more durable frame.

mtbr member
    Since you've got both bikes, go ride each of them on the same trail a time or two.

You'll find the one that you like better.

The Cannondale is sounding like the best option from what you've stated above.

Members who have read this thread: 0