Newbie Fork Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Newbie Fork Question

I have a question about my fork. When it was newer, the fork was very stiff. Now after a while of riding it seems that it has gotten softer and I blow through half the travel jumping off the curb. I did recently find out about preload, so now not as much of the rear shock takes up the hit. Would this affect how much the fork compresses. I can still push it further than a while ago just with my body weight if I push on the handlebars. MAIN QUESTION: does the spring of a fork become more plush as it is used. Did i just basically "break in the fork" so now it's softer or what has happened????
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

moaaar shimz
    mmm... what fork? how much do you weigh?

mtbr member
    hummm some forks just need breaking in so you may have just finished that. and it depends on the fork and its useage to how it will react off a curb

mtbr member
    It's one of the high end RST downhill forks. The R1. I weigh 180. Does the fact that it's warmer now make a difference? also i'm wondering if the spring compression is not linear, could this also make a difference?
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

mtbr member
    i didnt know rst made DH forks and there for i know nothing on this fork so sorry i cant help

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthemountain82
    It's one of the high end RST downhill forks. The R1. I weigh 180. Does the fact that it's warmer now make a difference? also i'm wondering if the spring compression is not linear, could this also make a difference?
    can make a difference.......I just think you broke it in....change ur oil and maybe add some more oil to it or put one firmer spring not 2 of them,,,,,,,heavy in one leg and regular one in other
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0