New wheelset ?- Mtbr.com

Poll: wich wheelset?

Thread: New wheelset ?

Portland, OR

New question here. New wheelset ?

alright, today I finally got rid of everything from the P.1 cr-mo, meaning I sold all the parts ecept the stance fork, this gives me $420.00 to spend. my Ibex is pimped out, I mean sure it doesnt have the absolute best components, but they'll last for me. so I want to pimp out my P.2. most of the parts on my P.2 are pretty....floppy. but I think I want to get rid of the joytech/ditchwich wheelset because its really gross at the moment. so I've choosen a few wheelsets i've been drooling over, theres the Mavic Deetraks, azonic outlaws, Halo SAS and then theres a shimano XT/Singletrack wheelset on jenson for $149.99.

Basically I'm going to be doing FR/AM/park and street. I love the deetraks but they're spendy, outlaws look nice, but I'm not sure they can be converted to bolt on, halo sas everyone reccomends and I the singletrack wheelset I know can be made bolt on and they're cheap enough and will last.

right now I'm kinda leaning twords the XT/singletrack, but I know theres a lot better wheelsets out there than that. I just want some opinions on what I should get, because also the less I spend on a good wheelset, the more I have saved twords a pike.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

ride hard take risks
    If you have good luck with the singletrack get them, there a great deal & tough.

mtbr member
    i suggest either the outlaws or the single tracks. the single tracks on jenson are an insanely good deal so i say go for them. i ride a single track up front laced to a 20mm specialzed hub on my HT. it is solid for DJ/4X but be careful to really run high PSI for urban. they also seem to do well on trail rides but i have only taken my HT on one so far.

Glad to Be Alive
    singletracks are real flimsy

get the Outlaws and you can get them bolt on
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Disco-Superfly
    I think the outlaws would be your best bet....
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Florida Rider
    outlaws...

mtbr member
    Get the DEETRAKS they are gauranteed for a small fee!!!!!
    I weigh 200lbs and run SINGLETRAKS on my DH bike. They are fine. Either the DEETRAKS or SINGLETRAKS 36 spoke for sure!

Specialized Rida
    Just keep the wheelset you have now and buy a Pike off of ebay for the money you pretty much what you have now. But if you must I would go for the Halo Wheelset. That is the next upgrade on my P.2.

mtbr member
    Dont have experience with these but the Deetracks have that protection plan available which is pretty sweet.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I need a new set too, but I dont know if I want to shell out bones for the Outlaws

Members who have read this thread: 0