New trick!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New trick!

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Red Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,902

    New trick!

    Woo hoo. Its been raining for 8 straight days, and I havent been on my bike since Platty last weekend. So today the rain finally left and there were traces of sun, so i grabbed the steed and went for a ride. About 20 minutes in I found a jump in the side of a steep 6' hill. I looked at it and went hmmmm. So I ride up to it, go up try to abbubica and hold it, but jump off the back... (I had tried them before, but could never bring myself to stick em out.) So the next try hit it, stall, and bunny hop backwards into the steep jump and ride it out smoothly (fakie roll out and all!) I did a few more until i realized i had no more brake (pads are shot) and came back here. All i can say is wow! Stuff isnt as hard as it appears, just commit, and you can pull almost anything off.

    Alright, whats some of you stories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

  2. #2
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Woo hoo. Its been raining for 8 straight days, and I havent been on my bike since Platty last weekend. So today the rain finally left and there were traces of sun, so i grabbed the steed and went for a ride. About 20 minutes in I found a jump in the side of a steep 6' hill. I looked at it and went hmmmm. So I ride up to it, go up try to abbubica and hold it, but jump off the back... (I had tried them before, but could never bring myself to stick em out.) So the next try hit it, stall, and bunny hop backwards into the steep jump and ride it out smoothly (fakie roll out and all!) I did a few more until i realized i had no more brake (pads are shot) and came back here. All i can say is wow! Stuff isnt as hard as it appears, just commit, and you can pull almost anything off.

    Alright, whats some of you stories?
    The first time I tried one of those I slipped off the block thingy, hit my chainring (I dont have a bashgaurd) and bent it.. I was done riding for that day.. Lucky I could bend 'er back with a hammer..
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  3. #3
    Juanjo
    Reputation: EastCoastHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,123
    Hopefuly I gonna have something to put here after Diablo's tomorrow ... ; )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

  4. #4
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    im confused as to what happend but congrats
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    i hate the rain as well, but when it isn't raining for a short time or if it's light i just go out and ride still.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VooDoo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    i hate the rain as well, but when it isn't raining for a short time or if it's light i just go out and ride still.
    Sounds cool...take the cam next time.

    I've been working on an endo 180 - fakie to manual 180...nothing spectacular but ever since I saw Ryan Leech do it so smooth on The Collective I've wanted to learn it. I can get the bike all the way around to fakie and back pedal but haven't brought it back around again yet.

    Something else to work on after I heal up.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcore newbie
    im confused as to what happend but congrats
    https://girardpabmx.tripod.com/siteb...g.w300h200.jpg

    thats what he did (not actually him)

    and for my part, i have recently learned how to hop on my back wheel, and can manual for a good time now. I have been riding in the driveway so much this week since my Dj is so wet
    Sully

  8. #8
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    i found a few new dj's today, and isn't that a fufanu???


    i hopped up onto a 6" ledge from a driveway and stalled sideways, then hopped 90 degrees back and rolled out forwards.... fufanus (or abubucas, w/e) are pretty easy with commitment.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VooDoo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    i found a few new dj's today, and isn't that a fufanu???


    i hopped up onto a 6" ledge from a driveway and stalled sideways, then hopped 90 degrees back and rolled out forwards.... fufanus (or abubucas, w/e) are pretty easy with commitment.
    Prolly much easier on a HT....My P.3's not built yet tho.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

  10. #10
    eminence front
    Reputation: xray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    367
    I've been trying fufanu's lately, havnt really gotten them yet... but i can succesfully pull off what you're trying to do VooDoo. I found it was easier to learn on a slope for me, it helped me with the manual 180. Now I can pull them off on flat ground once in ahwile... endo 180 to manual 180, its not that hard and looks really nice.

    I really want to learn to bunnyhop 180, but I don't often try it because im worried about folding my rim. The few times ive tried, my rim got bent slightly and i had to true it.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VooDoo13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by xray
    I've been trying fufanu's lately, havnt really gotten them yet... but i can succesfully pull off what you're trying to do VooDoo. I found it was easier to learn on a slope for me, it helped me with the manual 180. Now I can pull them off on flat ground once in ahwile... endo 180 to manual 180, its not that hard and looks really nice.

    I really want to learn to bunnyhop 180, but I don't often try it because im worried about folding my rim. The few times ive tried, my rim got bent slightly and i had to true it.
    Yep...same reason I don't do bunnyhop 180's (whatever they're called) anymore either. I'm about 200lbs and I like my Dee'z straight as opposed to taco shaped.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

  12. #12
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    Yep...same reason I don't do bunnyhop 180's (whatever they're called) anymore either. I'm about 200lbs and I like my Dee'z straight as opposed to taco shaped.
    if you have a skatepark near you, try it out of a bowl.... you aren't going that fast when you land, so not much taco'ing force.


    that's how i learned.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.