New trail construction has begun, LOTS OF PICTURES- Mtbr.com
    I HUCK WITH CHUCK

New trail construction has begun, LOTS OF PICTURES

Ok, we didnt get kicked off of the old trail, but we have a slower, technical trail, and dirt jumps down the street, so we decided we wanted to find a place that combined the distance of a short DH run, like at the trail, and the speed and air of the dirt jumps. Well right across from the trail and dirt jumps, there is this huge lot that has been logged or something in the past few years. Its just a huge open hill covered in tall grass and fallen logs and covered in stumps, perfect for making a super fast DH trail with jumps, stunts, berms, and drops. Its pretty short right now, but it already has one double, a gap between two stumps, then some nice trail. Here are some nice pictures from that double and stuff. There are a lot of pictures. The jump is super smooth, and the rest of the trail is super super fast right now.

Dust anyone? Man this trail reminds me of northstar, its soooooo dusty!

Here is a shot that shows you James jumping along with some of the land we have to work with, its got more of a descent than it looks like, but its not real steep.

James throwin a bit of style into it.

Brad hitting it.

Brad

This is a super fast loose turn, that after some drifting became basically like a moto style berm. I guess thats what you would call it.

Brad got cool pictures of me today too, hitting the gap.

This picture of me is sooo sweet. I dont know why I like it, but its awesome.

James again, nice light.

Last riding shot, James on the double.

And to top off this cool day, My new gear arrived!

Ok thats a lot of pictures, but I hope you like them. Its going to be a crazy fun trail when its done, then there are huge amounts of room for extra lines too.
    Last edited by ThoughtfulPirate; 04-07-2004 at 08:31 PM.

eci

a hoi mate!

nice pics once again. i wish i lived some place where i could just build stuff on other peoples land. but out here in colorado if you touch a tree with any other thought than hugging it you will be fined persecuted and then thrown out of the state.

how long is your trail going to be?

banned
    nice pics as always, I especially enjoy the facial concentration shots, always has me cracking up. BTW, you guys look better and better in the air everytime you post up, soon will be seeing ya'll bustin some flips and 3's....

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    nice pics once again. i wish i lived some place where i could just build stuff on other peoples land. but out here in colorado if you touch a tree with any other thought than hugging it you will be fined persecuted and then thrown out of the state.

The trail is going to be basically to that line of trees with a factory at the back of some of the pictures. I dont know distance exactly. We have gotten kicked off some pieces of land, but we just try to keep it on the down low, and we jsut leave if they tell us to. The land owner is real cool to us at our dirt jumps. Thanks for the compliments on the pics.

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    nice pics as always, I especially enjoy the facial concentration shots, always has me cracking up. BTW, you guys look better and better in the air everytime you post up, soon will be seeing ya'll bustin some flips and 3's....
    Just for you, cropped this out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    lol... sweet! I really like the "Pitbull dude"... He should change his name to PB& J or something. Pit Bullin' & Jumpin.

BJ-
    Rota Imports

nice job

how old are u guys? u dont look that old? but yeh nice job it sounds kool, and looks great, me and 2 mates of mine are doing somthing very similar we started on tuesday and have built about 100m of track, its the knarleyest thing ive ever seen! ill post some pics next week! but yeh launches with 6m gaps 10ft drops etc! wicked!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i am coming down friday it looks to raw.

Artist formly Poop
    sounds cool, look forward to meeting you.
    Pirates are the S

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    how old are u guys? u dont look that old? but yeh nice job it sounds kool, and looks great, me and 2 mates of mine are doing somthing very similar we started on tuesday and have built about 100m of track, its the knarleyest thing ive ever seen! ill post some pics next week! but yeh launches with 6m gaps 10ft drops etc! wicked!
    16, your trail sounds a bit more extreme than ours, but ours is cool too.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz

no kidding. if only there were some real designated trail places where you can build trails instead of just ride them. I know there's palmer park and arbor and eaton up north but it would be cool just to have a big slope of mountain somewhere near manitou or monument and just make trails and stuff on them.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Glad to Be Alive
    Pirate got a helmet Pirate got a helmet......Good Call !!!!!

You will love those pads...hopefully you have the mesh in the back like these....

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=15505

The helmet is cool too...not that much hotter than a XC helmet but way more protection.
    Keep the pictures coming

banned
    16, your trail sounds a bit more extreme than ours, but ours is cool too.
    Hey, what helmet is that man? BTW, which guy are you in the picture's, not the PB&J right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by I_8_It_up
    Hey, what helmet is that man? BTW, which guy are you in the picture's, not the PB&J right?
    Looks like a 661 full comp. It's a pretty good helmet that you can get for like $45 from jenson usa, right?
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

T.Dot Represent

Props pirate!

hows the SGS doin for you? Are those the DH roach pads or the better in my opinion and also cheaper! Freeride version?

Nice pics though dudeI love it when a trail has everythng in it. The one we ride has a Dj section with a bunch of doubles, several amazing DH sections, a bunch of northshore style wooden stunts, i think 2 teetor totors but one broke and several huge climbs, f tyour into that!

if anyone wants to see ceck out my site

http://www.t-dot-freeride.150m.com
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Master of Custodial Arts

No Dude!

Get one of the kid on the white big hit and the Fox fork.
    When my mom tries to tell me what to do I tell her to SHUT HER HOLE BEFOR I KICK HER IN THE NUTS!

Artist formly Poop
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar
    Get one of the kid on the white big hit and the Fox fork.

Thats me, but that is a white enduro with a coil I put on it, and a blue z1. But close.
    Pirates are the S

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    All right, the pads are the FR version, helmets a full comp, I am the one on the SGS in the silver xen helmet. Thanks for the compliments on the pics and trails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Flyin Canine
    Man I hope you weren't touching that bush off to the right in the first picture, that looks like posion oak or something close to it. Be careful of that stuff. Nice jumping shots, nice camera work too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    lots of buttshots

na, seriously, the trail looks nice, have fun there