New Stunt, built and ready to get on the trail.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Stunt, built and ready to get on the trail.

well, all i need to do is haul it out to the trail... action shots soon to come..
    I'm pretty proud of it, only cost me 14 bucks.

Addicted
    May 2006
    Thats pretty darn nice, especially for $14. I would hgihly suggest adding some more triangulation to the legs to better support them, i.e. braces from middeck to bottom of the legs going both forward and back. Otherwise I'm sure overtime you will find that your stunt will want to move and sway.

-Kevin

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    yeah especially if people do the "OH DAZM A DROP" panic stop at the end of it, ive seen drops fallover like that with riders on them
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

moaaar shimz
    Nice stunt, very very nice dogs too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxconvert
    Thats pretty darn nice, especially for $14. I would hgihly suggest adding some more triangulation to the legs to better support them, i.e. braces from middeck to bottom of the legs going both forward and back. Otherwise I'm sure overtime you will find that your stunt will want to move and sway.

-Kevin
    Good call, i'll put some on before it gets ridiculously hot tomorrow.

Bike Ninja |||
    i wish i had those spray paint skills... damn. lol
    sweet stunt! what kinda terrain are you going to put it on? steep drop off? step down?
    interested to see some action shots.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chooofoojoo
    i wish i had those spray paint skills... damn. lol
    sweet stunt! what kinda terrain are you going to put it on? steep drop off? step down?
    interested to see some action shots.
    That's a dang nice lawn and all but there would definitely be tracks going to and away from that thing if it was in my yard. Very nice work.
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

Glad to Be Alive
    very vewry cool

might want to cut away part of the ramp to get up and make it a step up and then drop
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Nice, is part if the 'stunt' trying to land in between the two dogs??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    very vewry cool

might want to cut away part of the ramp to get up and make it a step up and then drop
    its funny that you mention that, b/c i designed it so the ramp can be easily removed.. and set back w/ its own legs and supports this way it can be a step up to drop.

i'm just getting ready to go build a couple more things.. and my buddy is coming out w/ his truck shortly so we can haul it up .. i'll try to get some new pictures today.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    its funny that you mention that, b/c i designed it so the ramp can be easily removed.. and set back w/ its own legs and supports this way it can be a step up to drop.

i'm just getting ready to go build a couple more things.. and my buddy is coming out w/ his truck shortly so we can haul it up .. i'll try to get some new pictures today.
    very very cool
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Dude,

Where are you planning on putting that stunt? Two reasons why I ask:

1) I want to ride it for sure (Your in the Salt Lake/Provo area right? Just an assumption based on the picture your comment about it being really hot, and the Wasatch tat on your stunt)
    2) If you are planning on putting it anywhere on the backside of Squaw where the secret downhill trail was, don't!!!! I personally was witness to the forest service tearing down all of the stunts that were on that trail, and have also heard of them handing out tickets to people. Just looks like a cool stunt and don't want it to go to waste after a week or two of being there.

PM me an let me know where you guys are putting that if it is in the Salt Lake/Provo, UT region.

Registered Jong
    make it into a cement flat drop that would be really harsh... and not cool but for real where is it going ? steep drop off or wha?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Great stunt. Beautiful pups.

mtbr member
    Ryan you should pm me some addresses or directions to some sweet ladders and stunts like you build. Im in cali now but when i get back i hope to meet up with the wafta guys and build some stuff

mtbr member
    think you could spare the dimensions, im copying it. how did you do it for $14?

HIKE!
    I think that big white "dog" was in the Never Ending Story:

https://www.neverendingstory.com/images/Image074.jpg

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    I think that big white "dog" was in the Never Ending Story:

https://www.neverendingstory.com/images/Image074.jpg
    HAHAHA

that dudes got some serious nostrils
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    the dimensions are RAMP: 8 ft, X 2 ft DROP 8 ft X 2 ft and 3.5 ft high.
    Home depot has some good deals on some cheap/strong wood.. its just not exactly strait .. keep your eyes peeled and it ends up being cheap. . Plus if there is tons of development going around your place like there is mine...ask if you can have scraps .. they totally dish them out w/o hesitating.

We are thinking about turning that drop into two drops.. but i'm not so sure yet.. there is a cool spot on the trail that has a short steep landing there i thought the entire thing would be fun and a bet more tech.. we'll see .. with how it goes.. the land pretty much dictates how the stunts are going in. there is a natural skinny getting worked on sometime next week that i think you guys will really enjoy.. it looks tough .. especially b/c the log bounces a bit.

The trail is out in Midway UT near Heber City. .. i'll give direction to people once its ready to ride... its a great shuttle ride with tech and flowy terrain..

The stunts are all pretty hidden.. so if you don't know where i look you won't find them... we did this b/c we don't want them to be torn down, obviously.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Ryan,

That sounds sick!!! Let me know if I can help in anyway. I know that area well from many hours spent in the winter time there backcountry skiing with snowmobiles. I have the entire month of August off work so, so don't hesitate to holler if you would like some additional help.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    well, all i need to do is haul it out to the trail... action shots soon to come..
    I'm pretty proud of it, only cost me 14 bucks.

Sweet! I like it!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm a big fan of the stenciling on it

not the beer
    Jan 2007
    the top is too short, if you have speed your bike will lift automatically and you will either:

1) clear the whole thing which would be sick and fairly easy, although you would be wasting the wood on top that could be used for something else
    2) front will lift sketching you out and you will have little or no time to get the front down before the drop which could lead to an indo off the drop, although you could turn it into a manual which would be sick

I would just split it into 2 jump ramps or flatten the whole thing out more so you could have a step up like already mentioned while keeping mad speed up onto it, on top of it and off it. Speed is funnnn.

Just a little constructive critisism, I built one that was virtually the same as that except it was twice as high at the drop and a little bit longer overall, but I still ran inot the same problms I mentioned above. I wish I had built it different the 1st day after I rode it.

Members who have read this thread: 0