new seatpost???- Mtbr.com

Thread: new seatpost???

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

new seatpost???

has anyone "upgraded" their seatpost? it seems like a big waste of money to me. does a good seatpost give you anything a stock one doesn't? what am I missing.

mtbr member

upgrade

as soon as they break.
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    has anyone "upgraded" their seatpost? it seems like a big waste of money to me. does a good seatpost give you anything a stock one doesn't? what am I missing.
    it can give a better suspension feel in some cases on some fs bikes. but thats only for xc. i never noticed it on a dh bike.

my experience is this. in 02 i had a trail bike that was a turner walking beam copy. i had a cheapy kalloy post on it. i got a thomson. i immediately noticed a difference in how the rear suspension worked seated. my guess was that less flex meant i was getting better input from my body to the shock/rear end. i cant really explain it but the bike really improved. i doubt this would work for dh/freeride cause the post is so low there is way less chance for flex and less of a percentage of riding in saddle is accomplished.

but since you asked get a thomson they are light and strong. a good way to save weight on pig bike is a thomson post. 65 bux and usually 4-5oz lighter than stock pig bike stuff.

Glad to Be Alive
    one word

Thompson....light and strong
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    there isn't a big reason to upgrade the seat post on a HT unless you really to save weight or your replacing it. on a full squish bike get a Thompson elite post

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    the weight savings does sound good but I feel like a hypocrite squeezing 5oz out of my seatpost when I should lose 10lbs myself. I've been full for a month...disgusting. I might look into it for my XC bike, but it does seem like a waste on the DH rig.

Members who have read this thread: 0