New RST forks- Mtbr.com

Thread: New RST forks

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

New RST forks

before you cringe or raise your arms in horror, I just want to ask about the new RST series of forks (Titan, Space, R1, et.al)

Brand nazis need not apply.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    There was some thread about it, bit jacked thou

I own 66rc now. But really if i manage to build two bikes i would consider storm for urban rig.
    So personally i would buy 888 for mountains and storm for urban fr. It makes sense, I do not require superb suspension for urban (Jumps and stuff).
    That is why I'm bit couriuous of weight, price, and some long time review of storm. I am optimistic I guess. If price is normal they will find their place in the market.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I've never ridden any new RST forks but I hear from some they work very well for the cash and I hear from others they are total garbage. I say dont risk it and buy a rock shox, marz, fox, etc

dontcha?
    do they look cool? post pics!
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    do they come in rootbeer?!?!?!

Is flexy
    The graphics look like they designed them for 6 year olds. The names are kind of bunk too. As for performance... I got nothing for ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New project, TBA shortly
    no pinchbolts on 20mm thru axles...

dollar for dollar through the mid-range RST/Spinner/etc are usually better than their name-brand counterparts, but there really isn't any competition in the upper range.

mtbr member
    It looks like they are using set screws instead of pinch bolts on the axles? I wouldn't touch em, I mean look at all the "bugs" that have to be worked out of the big 3's (4 if you like Manitou) fork lines when they first come out with a new model. Life's too short to ride crappy crap.
    This won't hurt a bit...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    the new 29er versions have received solid reviews. I'd try one for the price.

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by santaheckler
    It looks like they are using set screws instead of pinch bolts on the axles? I wouldn't touch em, I mean look at all the "bugs" that have to be worked out of the big 3's (4 if you like Manitou) fork lines when they first come out with a new model. Life's too short to ride crappy crap.
    nope. those are screws for their interchange system, so you can use a 9mm QR and a normal QR front hub. from their website:

TA:20mm Aluminum thru axle
    *Lower : Disc only ( post mount ) QR:Adapter for Quick Release

edit: pic here:

My arm hurts a little
    Yah why risk it, just get a proven Fox or MZ $hit even Rockshox now. I've been on a RST Rapide, it's the biggest POS ever. Weighed like 8-10lbs to.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    get used, then? brand new is way off my budget...
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomber
    get used, then? brand new is way off my budget...
    Or get leftover. Just by scanning the MTBR "Hot Deals" on the front page, I found these:

2007 Fox Float RC2 $700: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za...BFloat%252BRC2

2005 888VR (170mm, basic, but Marz quality) $299
    http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cf...gId=39&id=3466
    4.3/5 flaming tampons: http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2005_fro...t_124536.shtml

Google Product Search is also very useful. Just start with very simple search terms, like "Fox 40 fork" and refine it if you need to. http://www.google.com/prdhp?tab=wf

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    nope. those are screws for their interchange system, so you can use a 9mm QR and a normal QR front hub. from their website:

Pretty innovative concept there, I like that idea of runniig a standard QR on a 20mmm system... hmmm... cool. I'm not being sarcastic, it woul be useful to run 2 wheel sets... XC vs FR.

Cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0