New rear hub.- Mtbr.com

Thread: New rear hub.

[email protected] NYC Freerider

New rear hub.

i want to buy a new rear hub for my bighit. i cant stand the shimano m-525 because the pick up points are far and wide and when i want to pedal kick, it holds me back because of the lag....iv been looking at the chris king hubs, hope hubs, all the hubs and i really dont know whats good. as long as it can take FR and DH abuse for the next 2 seasons, its good enough for me. anyway, i need some recomendations on what rear hub to get. price limit is $120...exotic colors are ok......

Cynical Bystander
    Hadleys are good, cost $115-125 a piece depending on where you go, have a pretty quick engage to them and are super bling.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    He asked for a rear hub suggestion. Hadley is two times what he want to spend on the rear.

DT Swiss Oynx is in your range; I've never tried but it looks XC. Some good ol' XT hubs ru about $55 and you can use if for 2 season if you take care of them. Reliablity is questionable but I've been using them for two seasons now. I recommend saving more $$$ and getting a Hadley tho, you're already half way there.

wyrm

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    thx...iv been thinking of the XT's...do they engage faster then the M-525's?

i might just save up to buy a 3 season hub.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Hadleys are good, cost $115-125 a piece depending on where you go, have a pretty quick engage to them and are super bling.
    word up.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrm
    He asked for a rear hub suggestion. Hadley is two times what he want to spend on the rear.

DT Swiss Oynx is in your range; I've never tried but it looks XC. Some good ol' XT hubs ru about $55 and you can use if for 2 season if you take care of them. Reliablity is questionable but I've been using them for two seasons now. I recommend saving more $$$ and getting a Hadley tho, you're already half way there.

wyrm
    Chris King's and hopes are gonna cost about the same if not more than hadleys....
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Hopes actually run less than a Hadley Retail for Hadley 340, and about 260 for the Hope. Ringle makes a good hub also but again is around the 250 mark. Hadley enagages 2x as fast as a Ringle and can be upgraded to engage 4x as fast. If you have the cash Hadley rear King front. Otherwise Ringle is best in 250 range.