new nitro circus- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

new nitro circus

on the new episode of nitro circus jim dechamp does some of the easiest world records ive ever seen on a hardtail like a 50 foot fakie and a 2 foot high wall ride what the heck im about to go do a world record and get a plaque lol but on a cool note he does do a 43 foot frontflip on a motorcycle check it out tonight on mtv at ten. also travis pastrana does 8 backflips in 30 seconds and greg godfrey jumps a semi truck 50 freakin feet.

clyde in training
    I thought the 260 one handed claps in a minute was pretty good.

jammincam
    hahah i love that show. the lawn mower jump took some balls too. all those guys seem crazy.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    No, those guys are crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    the 30 back hops, ( i think thats how many it was) I cant believe that was all it takes, you would think some trails guy would annilate that...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    it was only 18

mtbr member
    the three front wheel hops was lame, Hans Rey could kill all those records at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammincam
    hahah i love that show. the lawn mower jump took some balls too. all those guys seem crazy.
    The backflip on the kids Big Wheel trike thingy is my favourite, thats got to be good for your spine!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah, it's kind of like when Rob Dyrdek broke all those skate World Records in one day. He says that these days he gets constant emails with videos of like 12 year olds doing more kickflips in a row or more ollies in one minute.
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yea some of the bicycle records were kinda lame but the front flip on the moto was sick.
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    OK. 51' stoppie? Weak. I'm calling Guinness and breaking that one as well as the 21 second track stand. I can do an all afternoon track stand. I KNOW I have jumped a Rhino more than 41 feet!
    '97 FSR Ground Control w/ Mountain Speed 6" travel kit, White Bros DH1
    '04 Intense M1 - Dorado
    '98 SE Floval Flyer

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    the three front wheel hops was lame, Hans Rey could kill all those records at the same time

Hans
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dd13
    yea some of the bicycle records were kinda lame but the front flip on the moto was sick.
    Especially since it was on an ankle badly injured trying a mountain bike front flip!
    Pivot Firebird, Tomac Snyper, KTM 250SX

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by DET Racing
    OK. 51' stoppie? Weak. I'm calling Guinness and breaking that one as well as the 21 second track stand. I can do an all afternoon track stand. I KNOW I have jumped a Rhino more than 41 feet!
    21 second track stand? That's a record?! What a freakin joke these records are...haha
    JRA

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    21 second track stand?

I'm going to send them a video of my daily commute. I have a 30 second stop at a light usually. I never put my feet down! I'd be famous!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    seeing as that everyone is willing to challenge these records,what does it take to get the record people to come out and record you?im assuming it costs something?
    so this is how you add a signature!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dd13
    seeing as that everyone is willing to challenge these records,what does it take to get the record people to come out and record you?im assuming it costs something?
    I think you can video tape yourself and send it in but I may be wrong about that

SamIAm
    ya it seems that just since they have the "officiator" dude they get to call everything they do that nobody has tried to set a record for yet.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

one hand clapper on iphone

thought you guys might like this one hand clapper iphone app - inspired by Jim's world record claps in 60 seconds. See it here: https://forums.mtbr.com/****************4kVt2O

Go back to school
    I remember Travis P. calling DH riders insane...look who's talking...
    Die to ride, ride to die

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Can't wait for the next season of the show. At the very least now that those biking records have been established people can break them. I do think the Guinness people should do some research before declaring something a record. It sure wouldn't be very hard to find a video of Ryan Leech doing more than 3 front hops.

Does anyone know if Jim Dechamp still races any mountain events, I tried looking up some of his racing stats, but couldn't find anything from after like 1999.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Nitro Is On Again Season Two Tonight!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

SamIAm
    backflip building to building 100 ft up 75ft gap. dope.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just read some great stories in ROLLING STONE mag AUG.6 2009 issue about SAM BROWNS lifestyle and PASSING what A LEGEND in the freeride world what a loss. i also read about the injuries that TRAVIS,JOLENE, JIM D> did to themselves filming NITRO CIRCUS 1. TRAVIS torn mCL,meniscus in rt. knee 2 knee surgies, hip surgery,cracked vertebrae,KOd on BIG WHEEL 2 bruised nuts. JOLENE 2 concussions,fractured tailbone,broke right ankle, compressed lower back,severe whiplash,bruised sternum with torn cartilage. JIM D broken back and cracked T12 vertebrae,broken right finger,sprained ankle,2 concussions,sprained liver all for our enjoyment now I know why the get paid good money i think travis gets like 90k an episode and everyone else its 20k an episode .

Members who have read this thread: 0