New morewood on Littermag & new trek session 8 TBA in decline next issue.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 56 of 56
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryan_daugherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,800

    New morewood on Littermag & new trek session 8 TBA in decline next issue.

    Couple things i saw when browsing the internet today
    first is a cool new morewood frame, picture number 9 from this littermag featue. littermag.com

    you have to click Round 1 of The South African National Series link, its blue. I attached a link, but go check out the full article at littermag.
    http://www.littermag.com/2008/featur...featureID=1019

    Second thing i found is that on Feb 5 when the new Decline, declinemagazine.com, there will be an exclusive feature on the new Trek Session 8. I haven't found any pictures of it online..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryan_daugherty; 01-20-2008 at 08:52 PM.

  2. #2
    dontcha?
    Reputation: captain spaulding's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,425
    yeah can't find that morewood..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: The Tod Says What?!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    917
    that morewood looks like a dhr.....

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    72
    Can't wait for that new Session 8. Issue for Decline comes out Jan 22.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    323
    mmm morewood gonna have issue with this bike on the market ... cedric Gracia commencal bikes who is actualy the 09 Supreme team dh use the exacat same design ...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rustyskills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    757
    Rode with a kid that rides a morewood sick bikes

    and that new one likes siick

  7. #7
    clyde in training
    Reputation: 08nwsula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,917
    for lazy people:

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boogenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    WOW! I was going to consider a morewood late this spring. I will be waiting another year now. That bike looks very nice

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: The Tod Says What?!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    917
    i acctually like the current morewood izimu, thats why im buying one

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boogenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    taking a closer look at that nice looking frame I have noticed a longer than normal CCDB, like the one on the M5 or M6 proto(whatever they call it now)

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    323
    tbh boogenman ... i think its a boss suspension .. not 100 % sure but the architecture of that rear shock is very similar .. what do you guys think ?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boogenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    nope it is a CCDB

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: norbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    it's not bos for sure. Different canister mounting and no ti springs on them so far. Most similar to CCDB so it probably is it.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boogenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    Here you go peoples, I know my $hit

    http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/sho...php/photo/4964

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    So where is everyone going to pick up these Morewoods? I don't know of any shops that carry them in stock

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: norbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    You have to go to africa and kill a lion with bare hands. Then a zulu comes and handles you the frame. Quite simple really


    But for real i know of some web shops in europe that do this. Maybe ask the dealer for a nearby shop. But if you used google you could find for example this : http://shop.bike-improve.com/display...hg?productId=1
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    So wait a tick... there's no place in the states to look, touch, fondle, or test ride these things?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boogenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    The Morewood distributor/importer is in North Carolina. Your LBS can get frames from there no problemo.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Yeah, but my point is... how come there's so much hype for these bikes and tons of people in the states want them without even riding one to see if they like how it rides or how it fits their riding style? I mean, if I was about to throw down thousands of dollars on a frame or a bike, I'd kinda want to ride it (or at lease see it in person) before I bought it. Am I retarted here...or do others agree that it's kind of dumb to buy stuff without first at least seeing it in person? I don't know anyone that goes and buys a new car without seeing it in person, and I'd think it'd be rather dumb to not test drive it either...

    I dunno, just sounds an awful lot like you guys (not in South Africa) are putting a lot of your faith and hard earned dollars towards something based on what either other people tell you or what marketing guru's and magazines want you to hear. Don't get me wrong, the bike is probably ridiculously sweet... but what if you bought one, waited a while for it to arrive, and then once it does and its built up it rides like poo? Guess you could drop $500 to a thousand off and sell it on Craigslist or something... but that wouldn't really solve the problem, you'd be out less money and then have no bike.

    I'm really not trying to sound like an ass, but come on, it just doesn't make much sense.

  20. #20
    Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Reputation: Acme54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,215
    Liberty Cycles in Asheville had on like a year ago. I guess because the Morewood distributer is in Asheville too.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: norbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    Yeah, but my point is... how come there's so much hype for these bikes and tons of people in the states want them without even riding one to see if they like how it rides or how it fits their riding style? I mean, if I was about to throw down thousands of dollars on a frame or a bike, I'd kinda want to ride it (or at lease see it in person) before I bought it. Am I retarted here...or do others agree that it's kind of dumb to buy stuff without first at least seeing it in person? I don't know anyone that goes and buys a new car without seeing it in person, and I'd think it'd be rather dumb to not test drive it either...

    I dunno, just sounds an awful lot like you guys (not in South Africa) are putting a lot of your faith and hard earned dollars towards something based on what either other people tell you or what marketing guru's and magazines want you to hear. Don't get me wrong, the bike is probably ridiculously sweet... but what if you bought one, waited a while for it to arrive, and then once it does and its built up it rides like poo? Guess you could drop $500 to a thousand off and sell it on Craigslist or something... but that wouldn't really solve the problem, you'd be out less money and then have no bike.

    I'm really not trying to sound like an ass, but come on, it just doesn't make much sense.
    1st alot of ppl has morewoods so it's not problem to ask your friend for a test ride.
    2nd. The frames are not that damn expensive so it makes them even more nice.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

  22. #22
    E86
    E86 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    135
    You can purchase Morewood Bikes from Morewood USA in Ashville, NC. You can call them at 888 MTB-MORE. Talk to Richard or Gerritt. Thet=y are a great bunch of guys. I have purchased 2 bikes from them(06-Shova LT and 08-Shova ST) great bikes and a great group of guys, very helpful. or visit them at www.morewoodbikes.com
    Best Regards,
    Eric C.
    Morewood Bikes USA, 661, SDG, Sunline, SPY Optics, TLD

  23. #23
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    taking a closer look at that nice looking frame I have noticed a longer than normal CCDB, like the one on the M5 or M6 proto(whatever they call it now)
    Malcolm told me the 10.5 X 3.5 size CCDB will be available in Feb. (I asked because I'm diggin the Corsair Maelstrom... )
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  24. #24
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    I mean, if I was about to throw down thousands of dollars on a frame or a bike, I'd kinda want to ride it (or at lease see it in person) before I bought it. Am I retarted here...or do others agree that it's kind of dumb to buy stuff without first at least seeing it in person?
    I must be "retarted" here. The last 3 frames I've bought were sight unseen. Only word of mouth and internet surfing...

    Last 3 would be: 2005 Ventana El Cuervo, 2006 Rocky Mtn Switch, 2007 Bottlerocket.

    I know what you mean honestly. It's hard for shops to stock cool bikes let alone the proper size and spec. A great frame may not ride right (to you) due to component selection or any other number of factors. I haven't bought a complete bike in years because I'm too damn picky about forks, handlebars, ect. ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boogenman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    im diggin that morewood. Looks like I am going to toss my haro for a M1 this summer and wait for this morewood.
    As long as my ccdb fits the M1 of course

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1
    I think this could be the new Trek, though I'm not too sure exactly.


  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard4620383
    mmm morewood gonna have issue with this bike on the market ... cedric Gracia commencal bikes who is actualy the 09 Supreme team dh use the exacat same design ...
    Shame on Morewood for copying desgins. I mean come-on, two wheels, a fork handlbars and a couple of tires, come up with something original

  28. #28
    Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Reputation: Acme54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Quite Human
    I think this could be the new Trek, though I'm not too sure exactly.

    That thing looks sweet. I don't think it's the Trek though. Everything I've heard about the new Session is ABP, that doesn't look like ABP, but it's hard to tell exactly what's going on.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Goliath_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    597
    ...saw the session in decline today... pretty rad lookin'...i like the morewood as well. i'm a little bummed as i just bought an izimu dh about 5 mos. ago. anyone know when they expect to release the new one? and BTW,







    .. \/ .... that's not the new trek

  30. #30
    maker of trail
    Reputation: essenmeinstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath_2
    ...saw the session in decline today... pretty rad lookin'...i like the morewood as well. i'm a little bummed as i just bought an izimu dh about 5 mos. ago. anyone know when they expect to release the new one? and BTW,







    .. \/ .... that's not the new trek
    Pics pls??!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Goliath_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by essenmeinstuff
    Pics pls??!
    sorry dude, no scanner. gonna have to wait for the new decline. i got it 2 days ago. should be on the stads soon! they've got the new m6 in there too - sweet

  32. #32
    maker of trail
    Reputation: essenmeinstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath_2
    sorry dude, no scanner. gonna have to wait for the new decline. i got it 2 days ago. should be on the stads soon! they've got the new m6 in there too - sweet
    hahah no worries... should be interesting though... I love my 77...

  33. #33
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    i would have sex with that bike...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by essenmeinstuff
    hahah no worries... should be interesting though... I love my 77...
    ive got the gold 06 77, and i love it! but i might have to part with her, for her older sister, the session 8 wink*wink*

  35. #35
    Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Reputation: Acme54321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Quite Human
    I think this could be the new Trek, though I'm not too sure exactly.

    OK, since this isn't the new Trek. I want to know what it is, cause it looks sick.

  36. #36
    Morewood
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6

    Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Not a New bike...... Morewood Prototype

    Hey all.
    I know there has been some hype about that Morewood DH bike... I just wanted to let everybody know that this bike is strictly a Prototype and probably going to be out maybe 2010....
    Also this is not the "NEW" DH bike it will be called something else the Izimu is still the flag ship DH bike of Morewood.
    It is a very sweet bike though.. I can tell you that much....

    Also wanted to say its nothing like the Commencal... Commencal have a push link where as this bike has a pull link... similar swingarm design....

  37. #37
    plush
    Reputation: swash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28
    new trek hotness
    Attached Images Attached Images

  38. #38
    maker of trail
    Reputation: essenmeinstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by swash
    new trek hotness
    Nice!!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Goliath_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    597
    well done - that thing is SWEET!

  40. #40
    maker of trail
    Reputation: essenmeinstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,008
    Damn... now I wana read the article lol

    Hmmm I wonder where I can get this decline magazine from...

  41. #41
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by swash
    new trek hotness
    Looks like a sweet Whistler bike. You'd really have to know how tall you want your seat though...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Goliath_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Looks like a sweet Whistler bike. You'd really have to know how tall you want your seat though...

    ya I guess. but with a full DH rig (whistler bike) how often do you change your saddle height? i don't think I've ever changed my saddle height.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Goliath_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by essenmeinstuff
    Damn... now I wana read the article lol

    Hmmm I wonder where I can get this decline magazine from...
    do you not live in the states?

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    112

    Decline

    What is the date on the mag with the trek review?

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation: The Tod Says What?!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by E86
    You can purchase Morewood Bikes from Morewood USA in Ashville, NC. You can call them at 888 MTB-MORE. Talk to Richard or Gerritt. Thet=y are a great bunch of guys. I have purchased 2 bikes from them(06-Shova LT and 08-Shova ST) great bikes and a great group of guys, very helpful. or visit them at www.morewoodbikes.com
    yeah maybe they should learn to pic up the phone so i can order my Fawking BIke!!!!!, on a friday at 3:00, come on man!!!!!!!

  46. #46
    Morewood
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6
    What is you number?
    They will call you back.....

  47. #47
    banned
    Reputation: The Tod Says What?!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhracer3
    What is you number?
    They will call you back.....
    Oh im sure they called my buduy at the shop back(i havent talked to him yet) but still, they have ben great returning emails and that sort, but of course when i need it most they dont pick up. We must have called 20 times. Were gonna try again monday, but seriously how busy could they be?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,283

    What is MSRP on the Izumu?

    I know y'all are gonna say call them, but its late now, and I'm sure some one on this bpard would be kind enough to tell me the MSRP of the Izumu.

  49. #49
    Roll on Spring Time!
    Reputation: juan pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,547
    not to state the obvious but have you considered the time zones. if you called at 3;oo your time that might be in the wee hours of the morning in SA. also if you called 3;oo SA on a friday then that wouldnt be the best time. i havent had any trouble getting in touch but i am South African so we get benefits.
    I just want to ride.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rustyskills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    757
    i know some one that rides a morewood really nice

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    not to state the obvious but have you considered the time zones. if you called at 3;oo your time that might be in the wee hours of the morning in SA. also if you called 3;oo SA on a friday then that wouldnt be the best time. i havent had any trouble getting in touch but i am South African so we get benefits.

    If that's directed at me, I was talking about they're distributor in North Carolina, in which case, it would be about 2:30am

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3

    Where to get an Izimu

    For all info on the Morewood frames (Dealers Prices etc.) you can call 1-888-MTB MORE or e-mail [email protected]

  53. #53
    E86
    E86 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    135
    They might have been out of town or out practicing. I am sure if you try again today, they will answer. They always return my calls. What bike did you order?
    Best Regards,
    Eric C.
    Morewood Bikes USA, 661, SDG, Sunline, SPY Optics, TLD

  54. #54
    maker of trail
    Reputation: essenmeinstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath_2
    do you not live in the states?
    Nope... in Canadia... but I also *never* buy magazines... lol

    I did find it though, at one of my favorite stores... mec

    Looks and sounds like a sweet ass bike!!!

  55. #55
    banned
    Reputation: The Tod Says What?!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover Nick
    I know y'all are gonna say call them, but its late now, and I'm sure some one on this bpard would be kind enough to tell me the MSRP of the Izumu.
    $1990 without a rearshock

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanks for the no crap answer Tod.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.