New hydraulic disc brakes for 4x- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New hydraulic disc brakes for 4x

What's up. Lately I'm looking for some hydraulic disc brakes for 4x and DirtJumping. I was thinking about shimano saint but i just saw that JensonUSA has XTR for 100 $. Now I have 2 questions. What max. rotor size XTR can use, and is XTR a good alternative for saint ??

Thanks for all you're help

Meh.
    You can use any rotor size with the appropriate adapters. XTR seems to be hit or miss. First generation had it's issues with the pistons. My boss has problems with his XTRs not being able to stop his 300 or so pounds of mass. But my buddy has XTR discs that work flawlessly. Only difference in the setup is the levers. Boss has dual control XTRs, my buddy has XT standalones.

Glad to Be Alive
    get the saints
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Depending on the year of XTR, they may never feel as solid as Saints or XT. I would guess that this is a result of caliper flex from the very slimmed down calipers. Not worth it in my opinion, fancy and light or not, braking is an aspect of a bike which is very important in both feel and performance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Sorry that my reply took me so long. I talked with other people and i'll go with the saints

Thanks one more time for you're help

Members who have read this thread: 0