New HT for Christmas- Mtbr.com
    Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004

Smile New HT for Christmas

I'm currently wondering about which hardtail frame to get for Christmas.

I'll be mostly be doing urban and dj on it, no budget limit as of now for the frame, and don't want it to be as burly as a Morphine.

After some research, I've narrowed it down to a few bikes: Transition Trail or Park, Keewee Progressor (where to get one in the US?), Azonic Steel Head, and Mountain Cycle Rumble. I'm still open for suggestions though.

If anyone has any experience with these frames, know anything about them, or have any suggestions, then please reply.

P.S. I'm not interested in any of the P bikes because a few of my friends already have them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    I'm currently wondering about which hardtail frame to get for Christmas.

I'll be mostly be doing urban and dj on it, no budget limit as of now for the frame, and don't want it to be as burly as a Morphine.

After some research, I've narrowed it down to a few bikes: Transition Trail or Park, Keewee Progressor (where to get one in the US?), Azonic Steel Head, and Mountain Cycle Rumble. I'm still open for suggestions though.

If anyone has any experience with these frames, know anything about them, or have any suggestions, then please reply.

P.S. I'm not interested in any of the P bikes because a few of my friends already have them.

"not as burley as a Morphine"?
    um, the trail-or-park is waayy stronger than the morphine. beefy 4130, 8lbs vs 6lbs easton? i'd say thats a given.
    um, sounds like you could be a candidate for a .243. sweet geometry (or so i hear) and its still super strong but lighter than the transition.
    personally, i rode a steelhead and didn't like it. but there are a dozen people who love theirs.
    yeah, i would stay away from P bikes too.
    never see anyone who deals keewee, that could be hard to come by.
    the Le Toy 4 is a beefy 6lbs street frame. its made by 24 bikes, which is a french company but fairly easy to get. it has nice adjustable dropouts.
    i could go on forever.
    mostly, i would say try to ride something before you buy but i know that in many cases that's damn near impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Here's a question for the aol generation:

Is it really that hard to type "any" instead of "n e" or "your" instead of "ur"?

You are being judged by the way you post, whether you like it or not, and aolese conveys the fact that you're ("ur") not too bright.

p.s. The video was uninspiring, repetitious, and not very interesting. But at least he took the time to make one, unlike so many other folks.

mtbr member
    id say an evil imperial or DOC if u can get your hands on one( might be a while...) Or a sinister, o wait, they are having problems arent they...

but i would definitely say and evil, super sick bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    id say an evil imperial or DOC if u can get your hands on one( might be a while...) Or a sinister, o wait, they are having problems arent they...

but i would definitely say and evil, super sick bikes
    i was gonna say sinister too (DNA) but i was not sure if they were even available..

oh, wait! actually i think universalcycles.com has them in stock! might be worth looking at...

Is it really that hard to type "any" instead of "n e" or "your" instead of "ur"?

You are being judged by the way you post, whether you like it or not, and aolese conveys the fact that you're ("ur") not too bright.

p.s. The video was uninspiring, repetitious, and not very interesting. But at least he took the time to make one, unlike so many other folks.

mtbr member
    A norco frame like the 4 hun or something or the sasquach how ever you spell it. a p3 is nice too but if you don't like those picks i'd goo with the stealhead.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    thanks guys, im liking the .243 now , evil's nice to

mtbr member
    evils are nice, very very strong. i would get one but i'm more of a FS person but i do own a hardtail. Nothing special, a specialized hardrock sport. looking into an enduro SX Trail

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    thanks guys, im liking the .243 now , evil's nice to
    honestly, i was thinking about getting the .243 but the DOC saves a lb. and truthfull i wanted the evil name.
    wish i could tell you how the E13 sliding dropouts are but alas...my frame will not arrive until january.

i don't think you can go wrong with either.

Youngbuck
    Id say the evil or trail-or-park.
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i have a Evil DOC comin too. Evil bikes told me they r arriving just before Xmas in the states, then they r shippn them out just after Xmas, so we r look round new years. Anti-spandex u must be in the 1st batch with me im pumped, i got all my parts, im SS it with a Sherman Flick in camo with hayes front and back on a blood red frame! i also got a deruiler so i can set it up for trail after winter! im stoked tough to beat evil, and especially when its 450$

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighitboy
    i have a Evil DOC comin too. Evil bikes told me they r arriving just before Xmas in the states, then they r shippn them out just after Xmas, so we r look round new years. Anti-spandex u must be in the 1st batch with me im pumped, i got all my parts, im SS it with a Sherman Flick in camo with hayes front and back on a blood red frame! i also got a deruiler so i can set it up for trail after winter! im stoked tough to beat evil, and especially when its 450$
    yeah, i called evil and talked to them and then called unreal cycles. so i am getting mine through unreal.
    building mine up with parts from my kona roast.
    might go SS during winter and then go trail for late spring/summer. not sure yet.
    i am going to order a Sherman Flick in the spring. new 05 model with 6" of travel.
    i can't wait.
    its going to be rad. (and red...blood red!)