new handle bars- Mtbr.com

Thread: new handle bars

mtbr member

new handle bars

Hey guys, I have a 2005 Santa Cruz v10 right now with a Marzocchi 888. It has Easton ea50 Monkey Bars on it and I think they are 26" wide. I was looking at upgrading them since there old, beat up, and just a little too narrow. I was looking at something a little wider, maybe like 28” or 30”. I was thinking something along the lines of the Chromag Fubars OSX .Can you recommend any other opinions or options? I am also considering another stem along, but I do not believe it is direct mount
    Last edited by mattyboi; 11-01-2010 at 07:59 AM.
    keep the rubber side down!!

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Fixed

Hey guys, I have a 2005 Santa Cruz v10 right now with a Marzocchi 888. It has Easton ea50 Monkey Bars on it and I think they are 26" wide. I was looking at upgrading them since there old, beat up, and just a little too narrow. I was looking at something a little wider, maybe like 28 or 30. I was thinking something along the lines of the Chromag Fubars OSX .Can you recommend any other opinions or options? I am also considering another stem along, but I do not believe it is direct mount.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    hahaha thanks for fixing that

meow meow
    deity black label, sunline v1, raceface atlas.

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    deity black label, sunline v1, raceface atlas.
    agreed

Not that chromag bars aren't nice and awesome looking but for the price you could probably get bars and a stem.

I have owned sunlines and a few deity's and i just picked up the deity black label bars. So far im very impressed. They are really comfortable feeling bars.

local trails rider
    I got myself a Blackspire bar: a straight one for the singlespeed bike, cut down to 720 mm.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=49627

There's also a riser.

I really wanted a Chromag bar but the shop I was buying from did not have it in stock at that time. I have not seen any specs for the bend/sweep of the Blackspire. Just riding along, it feels a little too straight but that feeling seems to disappear when riding over the interesting stuff.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    alright thanks jus looked into them all, im thinkin deity black label or the atlas now that i looked at the bars and prices

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    agreed

Not that chromag bars aren't nice and awesome looking but for the price you could probably get bars and a stem.

I have owned sunlines and a few deity's and i just picked up the deity black label bars. So far im very impressed. They are really comfortable feeling bars.
    totally. i get all the hype for chromag, that they are so involved in the bc scene and yada yada yada but for what they are the price is just too steep. their stems are awesome though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

funn bars and funn stem

theres some nice funn fatboy bars ive got these on my bike and just bought another set and also some funn rippa stems at the moment just bought another one as well tough bars and stem you can get them on ebay just do a worlwide search

mtbr member
    so i jus ordered some deity black label bars and azonic triple 8 stem in ano green thanks for the help guys!

Glad to Be Alive
    I been a fan of Azonic DW's for a long time....8 years long

mtbr member
    are they good i dont care about the wieght at all my bike is heavy as h*ll and i love it but r they durable not get screwed after a couple crashes and what not and im pretty excited to get it will look way better then the stock one i have on now

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    RaceFace Atlas FR -> 31" (785mm) wide and cool colors

mtbr member
    Chromag Fubars OSX are great bars, you get what you pay for

mtbr member
    i got the diety labels there 31" wide and i likem better then the mangled bars i got lol

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I've had the 780mm 1/2" rise answer protapers for about a year now and they are awesome.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    Chromag Fubars OSX are great bars, you get what you pay for
    they are nice. I found I didn't like the angles personally. I like the 5x9 that you get with sunline or deity.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Answer DH bars - 780mm wide
    http://www.answerproducts.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i have the raceface atlas and they are too wide for me. chopped an 1.25" off each end, to bring it down to 28.5". i know the idea comes from motocross but my KTM 690smc arent even that wide. personally unless you have extremely wide shoulders 31-30" is too wide and forget about tight trails through the trees.

mtbr member
    i might have to chop an inch or so like u say cuz 31.8 might a little to wide but well see i like it wide but that jus could be to much im think i wantem around 29 30 ish but either way nicer then my beat up eastons

mtbr member
    I just got a set of the newly released ODI wingtips bars that you can add extra length with screw in plugs. Now my bars are 31" and loving it
    I'm GNARcissistic

Now with More Wood
    Been running the Spank Spike 777 slighty cut down (to about 755mm) for 1.5yrs, solid bars, don't even have any major cosmetic damage after lots of crashes, pick-up truck shuttling, and other general abuse. About the feel, it's a bit personal, but I find that the "square" angles (4*8) really help you get into proper attack position. Great bars.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have rode bikes with both Deity black label and the Answer dh's, both left uncut, and I really liked them both. So much so that I am planning on getting the Deity bars over the winter. They're super comfortable, incredible to look at, and an excellent price.

Members who have read this thread: 0