New Fork Opinions.....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New Fork Opinions.....

I'm thinking about upgrading my forks on my 04 Gemini 900 to either a Marz 888VF or a Boxxer. However in everyone's opinion which is the better fork? I have a budget, 500ish, I'm looking towards eBay for the fork. I'm not a big hucker, I DJ, DH, 3-6 ft drops. And at the same time what headset or kit is there to make that 1 1/8 fork fit in my 1.5 head tube? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    nix the 888vf idea.. get the rc or even a 66.. the boxxer ride looks nice too.

Still on Training Wheels!
    Check out the MTBR classiffieds, there are a ton of sweet 05 and 04 forks in your price range....888R, Boxxer WC, 66RC's
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    www.pricepoint.com has great prices on forks. they have pretty much all DC FR/DH forks available. try to look for a 888rc or 66rc. looking used is a good idea

mtbr member

this is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    www.pricepoint.com has great prices on forks. they have pretty much all DC FR/DH forks available. try to look for a 888rc or 66rc. looking used is a good idea
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/137...occhi-66RC.htm

mtbr member

fork.

you mentioned that you do some DJ, keep it single crown, that will allow you to pull more tricks still let's you do the small drops and you can DH too. the 66 is your best bet.

Glad to Be Alive
    888...friends don't let friends ride Boxxers
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Ok so this has turned into a Ducati VS. Aprillia thing. So what make the boxxer better or what makes the Marz better. Personally I have had some Marx forks before, Im currently riding one on my Norco Rampage and havent had a problem with it. However Ive never had a rock shoxx, so I cant give an honest opinion on them. So what makes the forx better then the other? Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0