New fork help- Mtbr.com

Thread: New fork help

mtbr member

New fork help

I am looking to buy a new fork for my 04 stinky and am wondering what to look out for if I buy used, or what are some common pitfalls that screw over the misinformed like myself. I'm looking at something with 7". Mostly looking at boxxers, or maybe a super t.

mtbr member
    my buddy rides a stinky with a super T and it rocks... the super T is one of the best forks you can get... the 2 forks choices in my 0.02 are the Super T or the Sherman Slider.

mtbr member
    May 2004

used

I have gotten severl forks of the used mtbr and have done quite well. Only look at 03-04 stuff. If the person has put new seals on an 03-04 thats a no go. Dont get a fork from Canada or washington, love you guys just to hard on things with the wet. Used carbonfiber answer nogo. You might need springs, if the person 230 and your 160 but you might have to do that with a new fok. If you need a new crwn or longer head tube, forget it. Some of that stuff is $100-200.

Look at the big picture. If you need springs $40, oil $15, stickers $20 shipping $15. If you dont have a 20mm hub (marzocchi is fine) $65+, spokes $15-20, labor $25-35 and disk adapter $15, the qr adapter will not work.

I would get a marzocchi sup T easy to chang oil and hight. I think a guy on a "show me your ride" post has one for 350?

Hope it helps

mtbr member
    yeah, I'm pretty sure I will get the Super t once I get a few more paychecks. It just seems like it's a pain in the ass to find one that will fit and wont cause too much extra hassle.