new dual crown for thae faith?- Mtbr.com
    SMT Supporter

new dual crown for thae faith?

Hey here's the faith that im building. I've been reading so much in this forums of how bad are the dampening on the boxxers. So i decided to get a new fork for the Faith.
    Should be something dual crown (beacuse i race ocasionally) and sould be a huck-able fork that not need to much mainteinance (im sick of the oil changes that my boxxer needs every few months). Must be under 600bucks. I don't care if it is used.
    I was going to get a 05 888rc but i think that could be too tall for racing. And if i get the lowrider crowns is not worth because i will be spending same as gettin te RC2X.
    What fork do you guys will recomend. I weigth 182 pounds and ride is preety agressive (10footers and i plan to hit at least 15 in future).
    The other thing i have to decide is if 170mm is enought for the faith.( 8 rear)
    any advice will be appreciated.
    sorry for the spelling English isn`t my first language.

SMT Supporter
    $hit the pic came to big and i cannot edit the mistake on the title. sorry plp.

mtbr member
    get a shiver

gnar, brah
    That is an old school Boxxer...any newer DC fork will be an improvement. Used might be a good bet, any solid fork from 2004 on...Sherman, Boxxer, 888, etc.
    Trestle Bike Park

SMT Supporter

yes

Quote Originally Posted by WATTO
    get a shiver
    I was thinking so... I can open a office the SMT club over here to promove the use of shivars.

Hey watto, did you still have that sick cove with monsters?

SMT Supporter
    [QUOTE=Mongiafer]Hey here's the faith that im building. I've been reading so much in this forums of how bad are the dampening on the boxxers. So i decided to get a new fork for the Faith.
    Should be something dual crown (beacuse i race ocasionally) and sould be a huck-able fork that not need to much mainteinance (im sick of the oil changes that my boxxer needs every few months). Must be under 600bucks. I don't care if it is used.
    I was going to get a 05 888rc but i think that could be too tall for racing. And if i get the lowrider crowns is not worth because i will be spending same as gettin te RC2X.
    What fork do you guys will recomend. I weigth 182 pounds and ride is preety agressive (10footers and i plan to hit at least 15 in future).
    The other thing i have to decide is if 170mm is enought for the faith.( 8 rear)
    any advice will be appreciated.
    sorry for the spelling English isn`t my first language.Where are the other discriminators opinions? Hey do i look like a beaner or what?
    keep the imputs coming i have little time to make the descission.

kona-tize me captain
    so wait you have the money to buy an 05 888rc with lowriders? but u dont want to do that becuaase u can get a 06 rc2x for that? why nmot just get the 06 rc2x then? otherwise id get a shiver cuase there hot and dreamy why nto a 66 that be a fun thing to ride since your only occasionally doing dhing. look at the manitou travis to
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongiafer
    I was thinking so... I can open a office the SMT club over here to promove the use of shivars.

Hey watto, did you still have that sick cove with monsters?
    i still have the cove but it has a 888 on it instead. i loved the monster t, it was an awesome fork but i like the 888 a lot more just cuase i get the same performance but 2 pounds lighter

banned
    I heard travis forks are a lil wonky.

Pony up for the 888RC2X or 2006 Boxxer World Cup.

Meh.
    The Travis forks are nice. Don't get a Sherman. You won't like it for DH.

The new o6 Boxxers with Motion Control are nothing like their ancestors. Much better.

If you have the money for an 888RC2X, then get it. I think the dampening is on par with that of a Fox 40, and weight gain is barely anything.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by WATTO
    get a shiver
    In Shivers We Trust

Friends don't let friends ride boxxers
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I just ordered a 888 RC2X. The 66 is a good fork but i wanted a dual crown because im going to be doing a lot of resort riding this summer. 170 mm actually matches up good with the rear but 200mm would probably be a little bit better.

*M*O*U*S*E*
    WATS UP ITS MOUSE
    MOUSE

mtbr member
    sorry for the extra post but i would also recommend getting an 8 inch rotor on the back.

Myspace is lame.
    the frame.. where did u get it?
    All your bases are belong to us!

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NorcoRider
    sorry for the extra post but i would also recommend getting an 8 inch rotor on the back.
    I already have a new hayes 9 HD with a 8inch v-cut rotor. I'm only missing the adapter mounting bracket for the big rotor. I think that it was going to come in the box with the brake kit, but it didn't come. Hayes should be asshamed to not provide the adapter.

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IBLQQ2NCU
    the frame.. where did u get it?
    Downtown cycles in Ft. Lauderdale. I was taking vacations at my uncle house.
    Was painfull gettin it by a rodaie store, cuz they didn't tell me that the frame will not come with the axle and a special size of BB and now i cannot ride, Till i get back to US to get the stuff.

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    The Travis forks are nice. Don't get a Sherman. You won't like it for DH.

The new o6 Boxxers with Motion Control are nothing like their ancestors. Much better.

If you have the money for an 888RC2X, then get it. I think the dampening is on par with that of a Fox 40, and weight gain is barely anything.
    I will consider a travis but due to the silly reverse arch those are too tall. And manitou have won a bad reputation over here. To many dorados leaking, many stance blown, and the spv shermans are no even working.
    The 2006 boxxer team is an interesting option. Do you know how the new boxxers are going in terms of maintenance and are those reliable as zocchis?
    Othewise i will try to get a used rcx2 for less or a shiver and use the extra cash for some upgrades like a E-13 chainguide..

notabouttoseeyourlight
    2006 Boxxer Teams can be had for under $600. That's a HELL of a deal right there.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

SMT Supporter

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    2006 Boxxer Teams can be had for under $600. That's a HELL of a deal right there.
    Can u please tell me where can i buy one?

mtbr member
    here is an 06 Boxxer team for 600 buck brand new
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154132

kona-tize me captain
    [QUOTE=Mongiafer]I will consider a travis but due to the silly reverse arch those are too tall. And manitou have won a bad reputation over here.

correct me if im wrong but the reverse arch does not make the fork any taller. it makes it look taller but not actually taller becuase more stancion is being shown.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    WATS UP ITS MOUSE
    Hey mouse i saw your pics of the no hander landings.
    Don't you need a manager...?

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    In Shivers We Trust

Friends don't let friends ride boxxers
    Hahahaha.. thats why you are not Steve Peat friend? And maybe thats why you have't won any wold champs....
    Hey shivers, don't you want to sell your shiver??

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongiafer
    I will consider a travis but due to the silly reverse arch those are too tall. And manitou have won a bad reputation over here. To many dorados leaking, many stance blown, and the spv shermans are no even working.
    The 2006 boxxer team is an interesting option. Do you know how the new boxxers are going in terms of maintenance and are those reliable as zocchis?
    Othewise i will try to get a used rcx2 for less or a shiver and use the extra cash for some upgrades like a E-13 chainguide..
    Travis is actually only about 10mm taller than the o6 Marzocchis, and still plenty shorter than the o5s.

Shermans with TPC+ are the way to go. Dorados are high maintenance race forks. SPV blows. Stance... Whose smart idea was it to put grease inside a dampener?

Members who have read this thread: 0