New DJ Park in Aptos California- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

New DJ Park in Aptos California

Come out for the grand opening of the new Aptos DJ park this Saturday the 18th!

Show your support and your skills!

Here is an article about the Park. Check it:
    http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/arc...es/06local.htm

Driving Directions (from San Jose)
    Highway 17 South to Santa Cruz
    Exit: Highway 1 South (direction Monterey)
    Aptos Exit: Rio del Mar
    Turn LEFT onto Rio del Mar Blvd (Freeway overpass)
    Turn RIGHT onto Soquel Dr [Monroe Ave]
    Follow signs for Aptos Polo Grounds
    Continue on Monroe Ave
    Turn LEFT on Huntington Dr.
    Stay LEFT at fork [Huntington Dr.]
    Entrance to Aptos Polo Grounds on LEFT

mtbr member
    thats so great the whole community is backing them up. i wish i had more of that in my town...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Seriously, bikers in my town got majorly screwed. When the city got the idea to build a public park, they immediately went to the "skate club" at our highschool, asked the skaters what they wanted, asked them if they knew anyone else (bikers, rollerbladers) that would like to contribute ideas and thoiughts. We (bikers) never heard about the skatepark plans until it was decided that we would not be allowed in it. The City is supposed to build is a "BMX Dirt Course" though, whatever that means, Maybe some DJ's, maybe some piles of dirt in a field. But the city is already 1 year behind the original projected completion date . . so hopefully we even get something to ride. I think I am going to go talk to someone in city council . . .

Ridin' AZ..
    Aug 2004
    I need to propose something like that here in arizona. We have 2 nice dirtjumps that I can actually access by my house that will probablly be torn down when a house gets built there in a few weeks.

It's lame, there are like 2 or 3 outdoor skateparks, that of course if for skaters and bikers only, and then Vans Skatepark which is now some other name that is inside a mall has like 4 hours per week (like 9-11pm or some crap like that, or way early) and everything else is all for skaters and bladers Then the few places we have to ride out here is surrounded by ******* neighbors that think we are criminals for riding our bikes and call the cops on us so we stay away. Luckily the people who live by the dirtjumps we have are cool and dont say anything since the people I ride with and myself are quiet, pick up their trash, and dont do anything to make the neighbors mad.

Like one time this guy and his son were playing football and when they'd miss and itd come bouncing over to us we'd make sure to run out, grab it, and throw it back to them. Whatever little things we can do to get on their good side..

But, that'd be sick to have a place where you can ride, have access to water, and it is 100% legal. There are so many dang housing communities popping up over here in AZ that I doubt we could find a place for some nice trails..Wish I lived in Cali