New Boxxer Team....or stick with my 40- Mtbr.com
    The Other Dude

New Boxxer Team....or stick with my 40

I just ordered up a Demo 8 new frame(went from a demo 7 to a demo 8), and I am going to swapping my current parts over to the frame, which could include my 08 Fox 40 RC2, which looks a little rough but still works just fine. But i do have the option to pick up a new 2010 Boxxer Team, and figured since I am getting a new frame, now might be the time to get a new fork if its worth it.

So what do you guys think? I want to stick with Coil fork of the Team, not too interested in the Boxxer WC as it is Air, and its out of my price range. But high and low speed rebound sound like a great option to have. I am doing all DH riding and some racing at Snowshoe, so all my riding is on the east coast. So, new boxxer team, or stick with the trusty 40?

I did hear there were some issues with the new boxxers, I assume they are all worked out now?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Oh, So Interesting!
    let me know if you want to sell your 40

The Other Dude
    Well if I get the boxxer, the 40 will be for sale, if not, i am just going to be selling the demo 7 frame, if you want the 40, shoot me a pm and we can talk about, I would sell it and order the boxxer tomorrow.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i say if you have no complaints about the 40, stick with it until you find a cheap deal on a Boxxer Team. not saying its not at a great price already, but it just seems a waste if you're already happy with what you got.

The Other Dude
    Are the boxxer lowers and "tougher" than the 40 lowers?

Ideas Above My Station...
    I'd buy your 40 right now......
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    i think all the interest in your 40's has a point to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    i think all the interest in your 40's has a point to say.

Hmmm.......good point!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I just ordered up a Demo 8 new frame(went from a demo 7 to a demo 8), and I am going to swapping my current parts over to the frame, which could include my 08 Fox 40 RC2, which looks a little rough but still works just fine. But i do have the option to pick up a new 2010 Boxxer Team, and figured since I am getting a new frame, now might be the time to get a new fork if its worth it.

So what do you guys think? I want to stick with Coil fork of the Team, not too interested in the Boxxer WC as it is Air, and its out of my price range. But high and low speed rebound sound like a great option to have. I am doing all DH riding and some racing at Snowshoe, so all my riding is on the east coast. So, new boxxer team, or stick with the trusty 40?

I did hear there were some issues with the new boxxers, I assume they are all worked out now?
    Keep your 40 for another season and hold out for the 2011 Boxxer (if you still want a change).
    SRAM went back and retooled the damping cartidge for the 2010's due to a high number of failures. If you buy one off the shelf now, it will have the old internals. The revised 2010's have not arrived from Taiwan yet. SRAM would probably warranty any issues you may have with the 2010, but why take the chance? I will say that SRAM have been very resonsive and have offered great CS with my 2010 problems. This alone will keep me coming back as an RS customer. Lesson learned...don't buy from the first production run.

EXTREEEEEME KAYAKING!
    Quote Originally Posted by brillantesdv
    i say if you have no complaints about the 40, stick with it until you find a cheap deal on a Boxxer Team. not saying its not at a great price already, but it just seems a waste if you're already happy with what you got.
    x2

Members who have read this thread: 0