new bike time...maybe- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

new bike time...maybe

well ive been out of the loop for a while d/t school and stuff but have started biking again. so heres the deal, ive always contemplated a fr/dh bike. ive got a nicely built up dawg primo that i love and can do a lot of different riding with, but lets face it, its not a fr/dh bike. so i got a buddy with a brand spanking new (never been ridden) stock 06 giant faith 2 with a 07 888rc2x that he recently picked up. turns out he lost his job and needs some money so he offered it to me for $2200. i love the bike and have read the reviews on it and everyone has nothing but good stuff to say. but again its $2200. so what should a guy do? is this a blessing in disguise? HELP!!!

Meh.
    Faith is a good bike, though a bit overbuilt. If you flip the linkage around, the bike sits a bit lower and is a better DH bike.

Did he get the bike new? What kind of condition is it in? What other parts are on it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Faith is a good bike, though a bit overbuilt. If you flip the linkage around, the bike sits a bit lower and is a better DH bike.

Did he get the bike new? What kind of condition is it in? What other parts are on it?

bike was bought brand new. never been ridden, besides up and down the street. other than the 888 rc2x, the bike is stock. i dont wanna make it a complete d/h bike, cuz i still gotta pedal the sucker up sometimes.

Bike Ninja |||
    Buy my 07 demo 7.
    better dh bike
    only $2800.

jk.(but no really buy my bike) If the bike is truly in the condition you say it is, then i'd help a friend out. That fork combo and all is a great set up, and like Will already said if you flip the links, it feels a heckuvalot better.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

rock hard or hardrock
    why are you selling your demo??

to OP...i say go for it, the reviews are really good on them and it comes with a 888rc2x....what more could ya ask for
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    go for it, too good of an offer to pass up

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    im really considering the bike. but just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about the bike and the price.

rock hard or hardrock
    it all sounds good, i say go for it!
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chooofoojoo
    Buy my 07 demo 7.
    better dh bike
    only $2800.

jk.(but no really buy my bike) If the bike is truly in the condition you say it is, then i'd help a friend out. That fork combo and all is a great set up, and like Will already said if you flip the links, it feels a heckuvalot better.

haha thanks for the offer. just a lil bit more than i wanted to spend.

Members who have read this thread: 0