new bike for 06- Mtbr.com

Thread: new bike for 06

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

new bike for 06

hey need some help to figure out a new bike bike for 06. so here are my choices

giant faith
    norco shore
    rocky mountain switch

thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider_54

giant faith
    norco shore
    rocky mountain switch

thanks
    norco shore or the switch
    different travel right? the switch has 6, the shore....8? 9? i dont remember. and i dont care enought to look it up

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by twouareks
    norco shore or the switch
    different travel right? the switch has 6, the shore....8? 9? i dont remember. and i dont care enought to look it up
    2006 switch has more travel than in 2005, somewhere around 170-178mm, so like 6.7-7" i read it on nsmb but i'm too lazy to find it... and the shore has 170 to 189mm, so 6.7-7.4' according to the Norco site... as for which to buy of those two... the norco, it will be more active in most situations due to the horst link plus i've always liked norco a like more than rocky.

both bikes should be able to take the abuse but last time i looked at a rocky i noticed that they only had 6 month warrenties...

i think the more important thing to ask is what type of riding do you actually do? size drops, stunts, gaps, high/low speed etc.. and of course, budget?

forget what i just said... just go ride all the bikes you can and see what one feels the best suited to you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider_54

giant faith
    norco shore
    rocky mountain switch

thanks
    '06 Switches are super nice! I would suggest going with that. It has just over 7" of travel in the rear and they beefed up the rear linkage so you don't get near as much flex as the '05's have. But if you wan't a good deal on an '05 frame I got one I will sell you so I can upgrade to the '06.
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>`. .`..`...><((((> `.. `..

Members who have read this thread: 0