New Big Hit.......New Questions- Mtbr.com
    Proffesional Slacker

New Big Hit.......New Questions

Whats going on!? Im new to the boards and also new to MTB. I recently decided to get a bike since I recently stopped mountain boarding and I needed to do something to keep me in shape for paintball. Yes that is my most favorite thing to do and I am the captain of the Berzerker Baboons here in Nor Cal. Anyway, I picked up a BH last weekend and like her alot but have a couple of questions. My biggest question is do u guys have any suggestions on making this bike a little faster on the street? After work on the week day, I take her out and just cruise around town about 8-10 mi. It seems like I have to do double the work when peddaling around compared to everyone else's trail bikes. I do realize this is more of a FR/DH setup but I would really like it to be a more comfortable ride. My buddy told me I should get more street friendly tires. What tires do u folks suggest? THx alot for the help.

Here are pics of her and she's pretty much stock right now.

mtbr member
    tires and tire pressure and along with maybe a stiffer spring or something.

Proffesional Slacker
    Any suggestions on which tire would be best?

mtbr member
    not sure about which ones but you can give these a shot tires

high school loser
    wat about kenda short trackers.
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

Juanjo
    [QUOTE=Pupp4_Kick3R] Yes that is my most favorite thing to do and I am the captain of the Berzerker Baboons here in Nor Cal.

Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

Proffesional Slacker
    Since the shop i got this bike from never gave me instructions on the FSR frame I have a couple more questions for ya BH owners......

1. Are all your seats tilted up ? I tried adjusting it but no avail. The seat tends to point up and
    its quite uncomfortable

2. What are the benefits of adjusting these? and what are your set ups adjusted to?

I apologize for asking these lame questions. Its just that my shop sux and I seem to be the only one with a Big hit around here. Thx for the help everyone.

SamIAm
    some seatposts dont have much adjustment. i cant tell from your pics what kinda post you got...but some like the tomson posts have adjustable seat angles. just depends on ur seatpost...if yours doesnt have adjust then u just need to buy a new one to fix that.

and paintball kicks. what kinda gun u got?
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Proffesional Slacker
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    some seatposts dont have much adjustment. i cant tell from your pics what kinda post you got...but some like the tomson posts have adjustable seat angles. just depends on ur seatpost...if yours doesnt have adjust then u just need to buy a new one to fix that.

and paintball kicks. what kinda gun u got?
    Cool thx for the Help I appreciate it. BTW these are my guns and a video too on how fast she rips. They're Planet Eclipse EGOs

EGO Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EGO Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SamIAm
    cool...so im guessing u just do speedball w those or do u do woods games too? woods is pretty much all i do. so much fun going up in da mnts and smokin a bowl, dropin some shots, then shootin you messed up friends!
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Proffesional Slacker
    cool...so im guessing u just do speedball w those or do u do woods games too? woods is pretty much all i do. so much fun going up in da mnts and smokin a bowl, dropin some shots, then shootin you messed up friends!
    Nah no more woods anymore. LOL yes we play speedball but these days its just known as paintball since playing in the woods is reffered to as woodsball now. But i do remember just playing in the woods back in the day and how it wasnt all about competition, it was just to have fun.

SamIAm
    hells yeah its to have fun...sometimes you have competitions....but thats when u do 5pace draws oldwest style! lol

ive only done 1 speedball game and i didnt really like it. too much waste of paint. i like sneaking around inthe woods looking for ppl and not wasting like 60 bucks on paint for 1 day.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Proffesional Slacker
    hells yeah its to have fun...sometimes you have competitions....but thats when u do 5pace draws oldwest style! lol

ive only done 1 speedball game and i didnt really like it. too much waste of paint. i like sneaking around inthe woods looking for ppl and not wasting like 60 bucks on paint for 1 day.
    I wish that was true these days. My team shoots about 10 cases per tournament (bout 20,000 rounds) speaking of wasting paint here is a vid we made when my gun was being tested EGO Video

SamIAm
    yeah...im not sponsered and play for fun so thats sooo much paint i cant even imagine. when i shoot, its to kill. or at least welt. alot.

i shoot an oldschool spyder compact 2000 w/ co2 tanks and no mech hoppers...oldschool all the way.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    you have to get some Maxxis Hookworms if your on the road. Big and fast and strong enough to still ride hard.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    If your using this for urban, check out some Kenda K-rads. As for being faster and keeping up with all you buds, all I can say is Welcome to the Wonderful World of 24" Wheels. Enjoy.

gnar, brah
    To make it faster on the street, get some new tires, like Hookworms or K-Rads like above, and raiset the seatpost to as high as you can comfortably go. Make sure you extend your legs almost to the point of locking them at the knees to get the most efficient pedaling. Firm up your suspension as much as you can when you are just scooting around too for a better pedaling experience. Messing with gear combos can help eliminate bob, thus making you faster. Try using a smaller ring in the front, but be careful not to cross your chain -- you'll wear out your chain and cassette really fast. Other than that, get a cheap BMX crusier for maybe $100 and save the Big Hit for the trails.
    Trestle Bike Park

I railed it like Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp4_Kick3R
    Any suggestions on which tire would be best?
    Are you riding urban style or are you just riding around on the streets.

If urban is your thing the other poster have given you two good tires

If you just bought a Big Hit to ride around on the road... You need to sell it. Immediately.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.