New Beginner DH trail in Idaho- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Beginner DH trail in Idaho

This weekend we opened up a new beginner DH trail at Schweitzer Mountain in Idaho. It's called the Bear Grass Cruiser trail and is a blast to ride. 2,000' vertical drop, 6.5 miles in length, average 6% grade, and over 40 switchbacks/turns (most of them bermed). The upper two-thirds are open now and the bottom should open next week when it dries out a little more and we get some reroutes finished. I DH all the time and even though this is a beginner trail, it's still super fun. You can check out some helmet cam footage at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUMf8-2aDBg
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Glad to Be Alive
    frick
    ....I would love to ride that at high speeds

I read an article about Whistler and the most used trails are the flowery trails not the bad @$$ step or rocky ones.....that trail has some flow

puts some nice tabletops in that and you would have the most popular run on the mountain
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey Brandon,
    The new run looks like fun. Did you do the filming run? Has your Uzzi shown up yet?

mtbr member
    Sean did the filming on the inaugural ride on Friday. Still waiting on the Uzzi...
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Members who have read this thread: 0