never ever ever buy 2005 manitou stance flows- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ride320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    73

    Upset never ever ever buy 2005 manitou stance flows

    i was hitting a drop today (about 4 foot to a downslope) and they now have about an inch of travel because somthing is wrong with them i am extremely mad because my bike just got finished and now i cant ride it

  2. #2
    clyde in training
    Reputation: 08nwsula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,917
    I have never had a problem with a manitou. that is because I will never buy one.

  3. #3
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    I have never had a problem with a manitou. that is because I will never buy one.
    good thinking

    when you buy a cheap fork, you get a cheap fork
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  4. #4
    The Beaver
    Reputation: Mwehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,153
    It is comments like this that make it impossible for me to sell my Flow.

    (I agree w/ you)
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: revmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    491
    i disagree. i'm running one, it's perfectly fine (except for a snapped rebound damper which was my fault)

  6. #6
    Bike Ninja |||
    Reputation: chooofoojoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by revmonkey
    i disagree. i'm running one, it's perfectly fine (except for a snapped rebound damper which was my fault)
    Thats like saying "my leg is perfectly fine save for that muscle torn in half..."
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTB-AHOLIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    good thinking

    when you buy a cheap fork, you get a cheap fork
    I bought a cheap fork and got a good fork...ebay, nuff' said

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nintense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    112

    Next time try to jump on Rock Shox Jet...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride320
    i was hitting a drop today (about 4 foot to a downslope) and they now have about an inch of travel because somthing is wrong with them i am extremely mad because my bike just got finished and now i cant ride it
    You get what you pay for...

  9. #9
    Disco-Superfly
    Reputation: Jake_HT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB-AHOLIC
    I bought a cheap fork and got a good fork...ebay, nuff' said
    there's a difference in buying a fork for cheap and buying a cheap fork, one you get a fork for cheap and the other you get a cheap fork
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

  10. #10
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    There is a little plastic piece inside that broke which is why your fork is now basically hydro-locked. All the oil runs into the lower part of the leg making it impossible for the fork to compress passed a inch or so. My buddy had the same problem with the Stance that came on his bike after the first day or riding. I don't know about dealing with Manitou now since they got sold, but he was able to send his in through our LBS and they fixed it for free. Don't plan on it being a quick process though, it took nearly 2 months.

    We have a saying that "If you run Manitou, buy 2" because you'll need a spare eventually.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    323
    garbage!!
    Mongoose, Division 26, SixSixOne, Oakley, Efinger Sporting Goods.

  12. #12
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    I have never had a problem with a manitou. that is because I will never buy one.

    funniest thing I ever read and so, so, so true
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    i had one for a while and had no problems
    Sully

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    596
    Never liked Manitou products and would never use them myself. They do have a certain "cheapness" about them that the other companies can't quite replicate though...

  15. #15
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    never ever ever buy 2005 Marsucky 888RC

    Because I did the same thing to one. But hell! my 888 locked up first, THEN went down to having 1" of travel. Not only that but my 888RC had twisted lowers too!

    No company is perfict. Totems are slowly loosing their travel, I've broken 2 888s now and one 66.
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  16. #16
    SMT Supporter
    Reputation: Mongiafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    465
    I like the new Travis triple Ti intrinsic, and now they are making them with clasical golden anno in the stanctions instead of the black sharpie anno from las years, I would buy a travis for shooo....
    "If you have a 50 dollar head, buy a 50 dollar helmet"

  17. #17
    Former MTBR Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    556
    That fork is pure Walmart in Marzocchi clothing.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.