Need some input Cove Stinger?or Turner Highline?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Need some input Cove Stinger?or Turner Highline?

I know that all of you want to read a which bike thread, but I am amusing one of my co-workers doing this thread. Here's the dilema I want to get a new frame and i've narrowed my choices down to the new Cove Stinger or a Turner Highline. Both have similar suspension and I know that the cove isn't out yet. Any input from anyone? I have also had a chance to ride the highline, which I loved. But the geo of the cove is a little more as to what i was looking for. I'll be using the frame mostly at the ski hill but also going to whistler. And if you could just give me insight into these two frames, i really don't want a vesus blitz, so don't tell me to go check them out. I also have a Sunday Team coming and a bottlerocket, but the g-friend would probably ride the b-rocket and i'd sell the sunday. Building it up with xo, totem coil, avid code, thomson stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

notabouttoseeyourlight
    I'm biased, because I ride a Highline, but some factors to consider are: warranty, durability, maintenance required, and suspension design...

Warranty: Cove lists a 1 year warranty, Turner has the best warranty in the business.

Durability/Maintenance: Both I'm sure are super tough frames, the Turner uses zerks in all pivots so you can grease them and keep your pivots running smoothly.

Maintenance: Probably a wash, you might go through bearing pivots more quickly with the multi-pivot design vs. the needle bearings of the Highline.

Suspension design: The Cove uses a dual link design which will yield an entirely different axle path than the single pivot Turner.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

moaaar shimz
    Turner

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Why give up the Iron Horse Sunday?

This is the other employee...Let's add this to the equation...He already has a 2007 Sunday Team, so it would be between Cove Stinger, Turner Highline, or Iron Horse Sunday Team + a Bottle Rocket Poor kid, sucks being him doesn't it. Love ya B!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Canadian Invasion
    Cove. Cove. Cove.

Shore power!

Shwing
    Whered you find the stinger? I have a shocker and ive been looking to see when this came out cuz i wanted a smaller bike. Is it out?
    Nothing Else Matters...

Glad to Be Alive
    PM Dusty bottoms....he says turners suck
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

a tight kick sound
    Sheesh....almost as bad as me
    Keep that friggin sunday and get a 6 point for god sakes!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nano5467
    Whered you find the stinger? I have a shocker and ive been looking to see when this came out cuz i wanted a smaller bike. Is it out?
    Pic I grabbed at Interbike...It's a sick bike no doubt, and Iron Horse's aren't as custom/niche as say a Highline, but are they performance wise better?

clyde in training
    I love highlines, I dont know why, just do. I would get the turner.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Sheesh....almost as bad as me
    Keep that friggin sunday and get a 6 point for god sakes!
    No. Get the highline and send me the sunday

Canadian Invasion
    Seriously, rock that cover. Don't be a grover.

East Coast Style
    Jason u should get a highline
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    PM Dusty bottoms....he says turners suck
    WTF

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Highline was the most fun bike I've ever ridden by far. It felt stable, but was also nimble.
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Apparently Kyle, from Transition, was up at the Dirt Demo at Interbike, cased the ~30' double on Lower Ginger and ripped the chainstays clean off. I don't know if you are going to be doing 30' doubles, but I sure as hell wouldn't want that to happen to me. My friend cased that when we were all up there hitting it, and he came out a-ok.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbykr06
    Apparently Kyle, from Transition, was up at the Dirt Demo at Interbike
    known issue, thats why turner is offerring all '06 highline owners new chainstays...mfg defect by sapa was what I heard...

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    known issue, thats why turner is offerring all '06 highline owners new chainstays...mfg defect by sapa was what I heard...
    This is verifiable and true, straight from DT's mouth. If you've got a Highline, Turner has a new '07 chainstay ready for you to bolt up. And if you're buying one new, they're already outfitted with the new ones.

That's good customer service.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    This is verifiable and true, straight from DT's mouth.

That's good customer service.
    yeah I even bought mine used, and they didn't care... just asked for an address.

So all you turner hatin' trolls can SUCK IT!

Oh yeah to the OP, I wouldn't offer an opinion without knowing what kind of riding you plan to do. But like most highline owners, I am very happy with my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Turner, speaking from experience I just appreciate how much they stand behind their product. Turner geos are so spot on too....

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    just wanted to say thanks for all that have responded. Still up in the air over which one to get. I actually made a positive and negative for each bike, but both came out about the same. Both have about the same geo, both are going to cost me about the same. I like the color of the cove better, but the customer service and zircs on the turner. Damn hard choice, I kind of feel spoiled, hmm which bike to add to a bottlerocket, trance 1, banshee scirocco and a sunday team? I need to get a less expensive hobby. The plan is to get rid of all but two bikes. Plus even though the bottlerocket is mine the g-friend is gonna use it at the ski hill and use her new mk3 for everything else. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    highline. it's my only off road bike and yes it's a bit heavy on the all day stuff but its sooooooo much fun it's worth it.
    like going to a party with a small bottle of booze. part way through you're having the same fun as you were at the start. big bottle of booze big fun, big knackered but big fun.

mtbr member
    cove stinger is the way to go or specialized sx trail, damn strrrrrrraigt!!!!!

General Rabble-Rouser
    The stinger has a really weird twist in linkage by putting one pivot infront of the BB and the other behind, there's very little info out on the bike for actual rides

Stupid cove hasn't updated their site yet either. *people at cove* we want to see a 2007 lineup please

Members who have read this thread: 0