Need some help with suspension.- Mtbr.com
    banned

Need some help with suspension.

So I just got my first bike (Specialized Big Hit Spec 05). Bought it from some guy for $250 Everything on it is stock, and I was looking to buy a new fork and a rear shock. I want to max out the travel that I could possibly get on this bike so I dont get eaten alive on downhill trails. Any help/suggestions would be great.

Thank You,
    PapaSmurf

ps. I am just now entering the downhill scene, and I dont really know that much about stuff.

mtbr member
    Would highly recommend against upgrading the suspension on that. Anything worthwhile will set you back,combined, at least twice what you paid for the whole bike, and thats going used and mediocre. My recommendation would be to progress as much as you can with what you have and then upgrade to a more updated and performance oriented chassis worthy of dropping coin on.

Moose Member
    May I suggest u get a marzocchi super monster t? Can't go wrong with a 12" travel fork :0

Pivotal figure
    Ditto on what dowst said. Just ride it until you have a better feel for what you want and you skills improve to where more/better travel is needed. The cost of upgrading will be pretty hefty, much better to wait and get something else. Just get out and ride
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Members who have read this thread: 0