Need some help with a new frame- Mtbr.com
    crumb

Need some help with a new frame

Im looking at at used Preston to build up for a lighter bike after I sell my other one. The problem is, Im having trouble finding one at my price point (around $500) and a medium, so I was wondering if a giant reign would be a good frame to build up with a new Domain or a used Fox 36. I would be doing about 6-10 lift access days per year and some jumping and drops <12' about every weekend. Any idea if it would hold up? Im also worried about the RP3 or whatever air shock it comes with because Ive never used anything but a coil. Thanks in advance for any help and if you see anything in my price range let me know?
    James

P.S. Im 5' 11'' 175lbs, pretty smooth, and also DH (not crazy) once in a while.
    edit:
    I can get a good deal on a used large Preston or a new 16in reign. Im leaning towards the reign but would it work with my height and the Domain?
    Last edited by saviorself; 01-13-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    FYI: Preston's are not light bikes. They are built tough (and heavy). A buddy of mine rides one and for the travel, there are many other frames out there that are much lighter. The Preston is made to handle mucho abuse.

crumb
    thanks man but yeah im down with that, what i meant was lighter than my weyless 67 with a monster T haha (most anything). anybody with any experience with a reign in here?

Gringo the magnificent

well..

I Ride a larger preston and I'm just barely six feet with my shoes on. I think that unless you just really like the feel of a smaller bike that a large would work. If possible I would try to demo or ride someones large preston. To me the large is perfect and I definitely wouldent want a smaller size. I guess it is just a matter of what you like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

helloo

you should demo a stinky supreme sometime....i think thats really the kind of bike that would fit your casing, robotic riding style plus you can find good deals on them...if you look around sometiems you can find new ones for 4000.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by vardiel
    you should demo a stinky supreme sometime....i think thats really the kind of bike that would fit your casing, robotic riding style plus you can find good deals on them...if you look around sometiems you can find new ones for 4000.
    im smoother when im having a seizure then you are on you best day b,

any help guys?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    im smoother when im having a seizure then you are on you best day b,
    funny, you haven't seen today's footage.

crumb
    since i know your joking, im ending this foolishness right here

last call for any help
    Last edited by saviorself; 01-14-2007 at 07:34 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0