Need some DH/Ski area info...- Mtbr.com
    Cleavage Of The Tetons

Need some DH/Ski area info...

I am working with the local forest service to develop a DH/CC trail network at my local ski area. Can y'all provide names of Ski Areas that are on a FS lease that operate chairlift DH access?
    Just as important, can anyone give me some contact info of key people who run the programs, and names of the local Forest Service land managers that oversee them?

I can't say where I am oing this, but any help might open up new DH chairlift access. Thanks in advance!

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    I am working with the local forest service to develop a DH/CC trail network at my local ski area. Can y'all provide names of Ski Areas that are on a FS lease that operate chairlift DH access?
    Just as important, can anyone give me some contact info of key people who run the programs, and names of the local Forest Service land managers that oversee them?

I can't say where I am oing this, but any help might open up new DH chairlift access. Thanks in advance!
    You have chairlift assit DH riding in Driggs, ID???

Cleavage Of The Tetons

Your quick!!!

Working on it...I need a LOT of hard data and documentation of precedent in order to proceed...

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Working on it...I need a LOT of hard data and documentation of precedent in order to proceed...
    I prefer smart, but OK. I wish I could offer some help, but lift assit DH riding and the forest service in So.Cal are going so well as of late. You could try contacting http://www.teambigbear.com , they used to work with the FS in So.Cal to offer DH at Big Bear. Good luck.

Cleavage Of The Tetons

bumpity...

Bump!

I want my 2 dollars

Well, not sure this will help, but there are plenty of ski resorts that allow ski-bikes on their lifts during the winter. I assume they also allow DH bikes during the summer.

If it helps, check out the ski-bike friendly resort listing at http://www.ski-bike.org/ski_areas.html. Lemmie know if this line of thinking helps.

Absurd

The Wood

Bump!

I'm pretty sure Kirkwood's land is leased from the man, and they do lift access, even hosted a Jeep KOM not too long ago. http://kirkwood.com/index.php
    I always thought Northstar's land was completely owned by Booth Creek, but I think someone (Kidwoo?) told me that they do lease part of the land from the FS. I www.skinorthstar.com

Crumb-tumbler
    The ski area up in the Sandia Mountains (east of albuquerque, NM) is on FS land, though I don't know who you can contact there. They even have a bike shop in the ski lodge.

http://www.sandiapeak.com/intro.html

have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by mward
    Everyone is so angry, and they're even angrier if people don't think like they do. Damnit, don't you think like me? NO? DIE!!! It's like road rage. Just because people aren't discussing exactly what you want, as you like it to be discussed, they must be all wrong. That's just all wrong. Your disgust at my disgust at your disgust is disgusting.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    I'm pretty sure Kirkwood's land is leased from the man, and they do lift access, even hosted a Jeep KOM not too long ago. http://kirkwood.com/index.php
    I always thought Northstar's land was completely owned by Booth Creek, but I think someone (Kidwoo?) told me that they do lease part of the land from the FS. I www.skinorthstar.com
    All the DH trails are on Booth Creek property though.

Mammoth Mountain

Mt Hood Ski Bowl

jtd
    mtbr member
    Big Mountain in Whitefish, MT also allowed bikes in the summer. www.bigmtn.com

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by xbike Kenny
    Well, not sure this will help, but there are plenty of ski resorts that allow ski-bikes on their lifts during the winter. I assume they also allow DH bikes during the summer.

If it helps, check out the ski-bike friendly resort listing at http://www.ski-bike.org/ski_areas.html. Lemmie know if this line of thinking helps.
    Hey Kenny ,Whats up, keep pushin that ski-bike stuff !!
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

I want my 2 dollars

Ski bike?? WTF is that??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    Hey Kenny ,Whats up, keep pushin that ski-bike stuff !!
    Hey Deweystud - you gonna try to make it to the Ski-bike America Festival at Durango Mountain Resort Feb 23-27??? If not, try to make it to Sierra at Tahoe March 18-20. Lotsa riders showin up and shreddin the hill.

Johnny Dependable
    Keystone is on FS land as well. I guess that's why it took 3/4 of the season to get 1 new trail opened. I'm not sure about vail...

SNOWRIDER

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by xbike Kenny
    Hey Deweystud - you gonna try to make it to the Ski-bike America Festival at Durango Mountain Resort Feb 23-27??? If not, try to make it to Sierra at Tahoe March 18-20. Lotsa riders showin up and shreddin the hill.
    I am hoping to but I dont know yet! We are going to plan a trip north to Mnt. Baker soon Snoqualmie Pass is still closed down and I dont know if will reopen at all this year now As far as our out of bounds shuttle run on Mnt. Hood well I don't know there is a liitle snow up there but that trail is rougher than hell with out a good snow base! THIS WINTER JUST SUCKS OUT HERE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller

SNOWRIDER

ski bike kits

Hey Kenny just curious about how many ski bike kits have you guys sold?

I want my 2 dollars

Ummmm

Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    Hey Kenny just curious about how many ski bike kits have you guys sold?
    Well, we sell both kits with and kits without skis. Total units are approaching 500 worldwide. We have even sold to Africa..lol. Some dude in Kenya.

Glad to Be Alive
    do a search on Falls City...then email Skinny hippie
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Canfield Brothers

Bike

"Hey Deweystud - you gonna try to make it to the Ski-bike America Festival at Durango Mountain Resort Feb 23-27??? If not, try to make it to Sierra at Tahoe March 18-20. Lotsa riders showin up and shreddin the hill."

That same weekend in Feb there is a big crew going to Caneville, not real far from Durango. There is a thread in here about it, looking for some riding to "knock" the winter blues away good place to do it.

what s the ski bike web address, I have a Geary ski bike and it is a blast, no wonder your pushing em.
    L

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    If not, try to make it to Sierra at Tahoe March 18-20. Lotsa riders showin up and shreddin the hill."L
    It's a good thing I have you people in Utah to inform me about interesting events going on down the street from me. Thanks. I just marked my calendar.

SNOWRIDER

Ski Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    "Hey Deweystud - you gonna try to make it to the Ski-bike America Festival at Durango Mountain Resort Feb 23-27??? If not, try to make it to Sierra at Tahoe March 18-20. Lotsa riders showin up and shreddin the hill."

That same weekend in Feb there is a big crew going to Caneville, not real far from Durango. There is a thread in here about it, looking for some riding to "knock" the winter blues away good place to do it.

what s the ski bike web address, I have a Geary ski bike and it is a blast, no wonder your pushing em.
    L
    Hey man whats up? I am going to Mnt Hood ski biking in the morning first time this year because of the crappy a$$ winter we are having here in the N.W. I am so stoked just got done waxing ski's Here are some links to check out
    www.winterxbike.com (pre fab kits to convert mountain bikes)
    www.skibiker.com ( Ray is doing a awesome job promoting this sport )
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...72898#poststop (good info on building your own ski bikes)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/dewey1111 ( my photo page of ski biking and freeride mtb pics)
    Last edited by Deweydude; 02-18-2005 at 07:07 PM.