need longer cables on hayes strokers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

need longer cables on hayes strokers

well i bought some hayes strokers and the cables are too short. How much does a shop ussually charge for replacemnt? i could just take it home spring break and do it myself if its terribly expensive
    Last edited by nickmpower; 03-17-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Peace Coast Style
    You'll need to install new hoses as well as rebleed the breaks. If you have no idea what you're doing definately leave it to your shop. It shouldn't cost you too much. Depends on what hoses you get. Like, just a standard Hayes hose won't cost too much, but Goodridge hoses will definately lighten your wallet a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

Calm Like a Bomb
    the thread title and your post is confusing....do u need longer lines or are they too long??
    Last edited by pipes10; 03-17-2008 at 05:52 PM.
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

Paste eater
    If they are too long, just cut them and bleed them and be done with it... Or have a shop do said job. easy and cheap....

The Beaver
    cables on hydraulic brakes... interesting. Ok I am just messing with you.

Just take them to your LBS and they will set you up.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    THE LINES ARE TOO SHORT. my bad

can you guys estimate about how much it will be? Ive done a lot of work on cars and stuff so im sure could do it but i dont have a pressure bleeder here at college. I could just take them back with me over spring break though

anyone know a source for stock hayes lines? will i need a whole kit or just the bare lines?

i was thinking i should just shorten the back line to fit the front and buy a new line to use for the back brake
    Last edited by nickmpower; 03-17-2008 at 07:24 PM.

LDH
    mtbr member
    the rear line can be cut and used as the front if you need the front also that way you are only buying one line kit and one ferrule.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes10
    the thread title and your post is confusing....do u need longer lines or are they too long??
    nah
    need longer cables....my hoses r 2 short
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i think i might just resell these on ebay (where i bought them) and buy some with long enough lines. I will just stick the rear on the front for now so i can get the bike sorted out and ill buy some with longer cables before spring break is over.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The job isn't really all that cheap unfortunately. Most shops would charge around $25 a wheel to bleed, plus a bit of labor to install new hoses & fittings. I'd guess between parts and labor you'd be looking at $75 - $125 depending upon the region of the shop. My advice would be to make buds with a local tech and figure out his taste in delicious microbrews.

Members who have read this thread: 0