Need Helmet Replacement Advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Need Helmet Replacement Advice

I'm just recovering from a big wreck, in which I busted my carbon D3 among other things. I still have a while before the doc will let me back on the bike but I'm already looking for a good replacement. I don't know if I want to go with another D3 or maybe try specialized new helmet or look at a moto helmet.

Anyone have any experience with the new specialized dissident? or know of a good moto helmet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Couldn't recomend the fox V3 any higher. Went from a D2 to the V3R and couldnt be any hapier. light, looks the goods felt imeadieatly safer (speaceous reasoning i know).

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    V3 are super cheap at Huck and roll right now

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Can vouch for the fox v3r. Uses the same shell as their moto v3 but with a different carbon layup to make it more lightweight for cycling. Makes the profile larger than a regular cycling full face but is not a problem for me. Very light, excellent fit. Hucknroll has the o-negative colourway on sale for 50% off small and xl($190) and $250 for the large. Not my favorite colourway for the helmet but too good a deal to pass up. Never tried on a better fitting lid

Members who have read this thread: 0