need gear for this weekend, what to get?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

need gear for this weekend, what to get?

I need to get a fullface and elbow/shin protection. For the helmet something relativly breathable and not terribly expensive. (661?)
    For the armor, I am really skinny and really tall 6'5" at 160 lbs. I have the rockgardn leg armor and the straps are too long for my legs and the shin protection is too short. Can you guys suggest something that would fit better?

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    I would go with a Bell Full Face helmet. For the armor its basically what you like and what feels comfortalble.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchannell
    I need to get a fullface and elbow/shin protection. For the helmet something relativly breathable and not terribly expensive. (661?)
    For the armor, I am really skinny and really tall 6'5" at 160 lbs. I have the rockgardn leg armor and the straps are too long for my legs and the shin protection is too short. Can you guys suggest something that would fit better?
    661 or azonic for the helmet and roach or 661 for the armor, but it's what feels best....

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    661 or azonic for the helmet and roach or 661 for the armor, but it's what feels best....
    Yeah I would just go try it differint armor on, but living in ohio, there are no shops remotely close that carry full faces or armor. I think I'm good for the helmet, just looking if someone thats skinny has had good luck with a particular brand of leg/arm armor (particularly the leg armor).

abolisher of A$$holes
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchannell
    Yeah I would just go try it differint armor on, but living in ohio, there are no shops remotely close that carry full faces or armor. I think I'm good for the helmet, just looking if someone thats skinny has had good luck with a particular brand of leg/arm armor (particularly the leg armor).
    if the leg armor fits the length of your legs but the straps just won't get tight enough...you can just buy some extra velcro from a sewing store (even walmart carries it) and either sew some extra on where it's not catching or you could probably even super glue it or something if you can't sew or don't know anyone that can...I did this for my old man when his straps got too stretched out....you just have to cut the ends if they get too long and start flapping around...good luck on getting some armor to fit...
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.
    George Bush, US President

Glad to Be Alive
    661...they rock for full face
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

pwn3rator
    Bell Helmet And Kona Shinguards...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    get the fox racing launch 911 shin/knee pads- jsut got them a month ago, amazingly confortable and with their new starp system is the easiest things to take on and off with out re-tightening ro adjsting the straps and with their new system they dont move so they stay in place where they're suppost to be, for helmet, 661 makes sum pretty nice ones, but if you have the money Troy Lee Designs makes an amazing one too but im pretty sure its very pricy

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    well i ended up getting a 661 full bravo (with the fiberglass shell, not the carbon), and roach FR armor....hopefully this combination works well

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    roach pads should work well for you in xl.
    Last edited by turk77; 04-25-2005 at 02:52 PM. Reason: too late