Need a DH Fork- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Need a DH Fork

  1. #1
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335

    Need a DH Fork

    I am racing this year and I need a triple clamp. Tired of going down when I cross my bars up by accident lol. Anyway I have a almost new Specialized model XC dual suspension bike up for trade. It has a limited edition wood finish. I need a high end downhill fork that is in comparable condition to the bike I would be trading. I am a professional mechanic and can box the bike for shipping.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    I am racing this year and I need a triple clamp. Tired of going down when I cross my bars up by accident lol. Anyway I have a almost new Specialized model XC dual suspension bike up for trade. It has a limited edition wood finish. I need a high end downhill fork that is in comparable condition to the bike I would be trading. I am a professional mechanic and can box the bike for shipping.

    Don't know of any recent Specialized XC dual suspension bikes that have a wood finish. Sorry man, wouldn't want to do a trade... But I do have a brand new Boxxer RC that I'll sell you.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

  3. #3
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    I am racing this year and I need a triple clamp. Tired of going down when I cross my bars up by accident lol. Anyway I have a almost new Specialized model XC dual suspension bike up for trade. It has a limited edition wood finish. I need a high end downhill fork that is in comparable condition to the bike I would be trading. I am a professional mechanic and can box the bike for shipping.
    seriously???? you are going to trade a bike that we actually have to pedal uphill for a dh fork...something we won't use for something we would use??? that is n.u.t.s
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  4. #4
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,543
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: oakhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    913
    I have a Hanebrink prototype DH fork from the mid 90's mated to a Pro-Stop front brake that I
    might consider trading.... Oh yeah, it's an 1 1/4" head tube only..... But for 6" of travel at 5
    pounds with a 25mm axle it is a hell of a DH fork.... Only needs to be rebuilt after every
    other ride....

  6. #6
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Lol, here's a link to an article: https://www.roughriderfreeride.com/i...ike-for-a-fork

    and a pic of the bike up for grabs.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  7. #7
    newbie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    124
    trade for an 05 888 rc?

  8. #8
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Looking for a new oem or minty fork.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  9. #9
    ≈ > ♥
    Reputation: zahgurim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    956
    What size is your xc bike?

  10. #10
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Medium in seriously minty condition. I got this thinking I was getting old and was going to turn XC. LOL can't do it, hate the damn bike, I'll never ride anything with less than 7 inches again, lol.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: henry9419's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    I'll never ride anything with less than 7 inches again, lol.
    you really set yourself up there...
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

  12. #12
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    Lol, here's a link to an article: http://www.roughriderfreeride.com/in...ike-for-a-fork

    and a pic of the bike up for grabs.
    MG]
    rumors that that bike broke and and was welded and not heat treated....no trades and get your medicine show out of here

    websites and ads to sell stuff or trade is against the rules unless you get an ad on MTBR and then they kind of let it slide
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  13. #13
    Yes, that's fonetic
    Reputation: whoda*huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,890
    lol Ever meet someone with one of those fake, gratuitous annoying laughs, lol ?


  14. #14
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    lol your angsty
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  15. #15
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    rumors that that bike broke and and was welded and not heat treated....no trades and get your medicine show out of here

    websites and ads to sell stuff or trade is against the rules unless you get an ad on MTBR and then they kind of let it slide
    WTF are talking about?! I had a Diamondback Mission that I used actual equations and a program called "linkage" to modify after I broke three of them. But this bike is mint and as far as I can tell you have no business here because you don't really ride a bike but hey who's keeping track.... oh wait, you! lol
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  16. #16
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by henry9419
    you really set yourself up there...
    Damn, haha totally agree!
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  17. #17
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    WTF are talking about?! I had a Diamondback Mission that I used actual equations and a program called "linkage" to modify after I broke three of them. But this bike is mint and as far as I can tell you have no business here because you don't really ride a bike but hey who's keeping track.... oh wait, you! lol

    sadness.....just read the rules and you wouldn't come back at me so hard because you are PO'ed.....

    and congrats if you can ride more then me....I got 12 runs in this week...if you have more then that is great
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 04-02-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  18. #18
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sadness.....just read the rules and you wouldn't come back at me so hard because you are PO'ed.....

    and congrats if you can ride more then me....I got 12 runs in this week...if you have more then that is great
    Lol 12 rides yet you post all day long.... dude get a life and don't worry about me lol.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  19. #19
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    K I got a fork. Found a killer deal on a 888 wc rc2. Guess I'll keep my xc bike for a bit.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  20. #20
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    This thread makes me lol.

  21. #21
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    Lol 12 rides yet you post all day long.... dude get a life and don't worry about me lol.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

  22. #22
    glassphisheye
    Reputation: glassphisheye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    lol, is that supposed to be Shiver, I know he's on the computer a bunch but do think he's really that fat?! Come on be nice.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    Looking for a new oem or minty fork.

    You want to trade used product for new? Ha!

    As I said, I've got a boxxer RC. It's new, the fork has never been squished. And you'll look really cool because it's got WC stickered lowers due to a lower leg swap to color match my current bike.

    I'll sell it but won't trade.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

  24. #24
    Living the High Life
    Reputation: Ithnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by glassphisheye
    lol, is that supposed to be Shiver, I know he's on the computer a bunch but do think he's really that fat?! Come on be nice.
    Its for both of you.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.