Need Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    Sin Rider
    Jan 2004
    DELETED I need to take care of it my self. Thanks for the reply's
    Last edited by schnauzer; 08-25-2004 at 02:16 PM.

Yay
    Where did you order it from? If you ordered it from supergo.com ive heard they have really bad customer service.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, -WOW- What a ride...!!!!

/dev/null
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzer
    In short I purchased a bike from a dealer over the net. I got to checking about the bike and found out it was going to be to large. I called the dealer and he said he allready shipped bike. I told him I would pay shipping and labor if I returned it. He said no dice he would not take bike back. I have not even got bike so bike was not even ridden. I refused packge and sent back and called my card company. Can the dealer keep my money and what are my rights. There was no were on the sight saying there were no returns. Any help I am freaking out. Thanks
    If you refused the shipment, you can have your credit card company dispute the charge and you'll probably never have to pay a cent. It's not nice to stick the guy with the shipping charge, but it sounds like he's being unreasonable so maybe if you dispute the charge, he'll talk to you about reimbursing him for shipping instead of getting no money at all.

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004

No good

Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    If you refused the shipment, you can have your credit card company dispute the charge and you'll probably never have to pay a cent. It's not nice to stick the guy with the shipping charge, but it sounds like he's being unreasonable so maybe if you dispute the charge, he'll talk to you about reimbursing him for shipping instead of getting no money at all.
    Thanks I offered $150 for his troubles plus shipping. I think thats totally fair. Every time I tried to call him he said he was to busy to talk to me.

mtbr member
    Sounds like your being more then reasonable... I would contact your credit card and just dispute the charge just like what Binary says.... at that point he can eat shipping or make the time to call you to work it out...either way your doing the right thing and he's just being a dink ...Any place with "real" service should be more condusive to working with you, I mean a new bike is a large purchase and you just got the wrong size....

Former Noob Herder
    well, you are in the wrong here, and cancelling the CC charge is unscrupulous. You ordered that size, you paid for it, it was processed and shipped, effectively making the transaction complete. The store has a right to declare final sale if there is nothing physically wrong with the product.

yes its not very strong customer service, but that still doesnt give you the right to revoke payment for something you wanted and bought in the first place.

if the CC company does cancel the payment, the store has very strong grounds to sue you if they actually wanted to go that far.

This is the second time in a month that this has happened. When are people gonna learn to make up their minds before they plunk down a wad of cash?

BTW, that shop may have ordered that frame for you, so by changing sizes after the fact, they may be stuck with unwanted stock which they have to pay for, a good reason for not accepting returns from a wishy-washy customer.

For all of you out there that are incapable of making proper decisions, GO TO AN LBS AND BUY THE BIKE YOU TRIED. Sorry, no sympathy here, you'll get whats comming to you.

Xtremely Moderate
    Smart man refusing shipment. Dispute it with your CC and all will be well.

Same sort of thing happened to me, but I got the shop to swap it and pay for the return shipping. But not without a fight.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    well, you are in the wrong here, and cancelling the CC charge is unscrupulous. You ordered that size, you paid for it, it was processed and shipped, effectively making the transaction complete. The store has a right to declare final sale if there is nothing physically wrong with the product.

yes its not very strong customer service, but that still doesnt give you the right to revoke payment for something you wanted and bought in the first place.

if the CC company does cancel the payment, the store has very strong grounds to sue you if they actually wanted to go that far.

This is the second time in a month that this has happened. When are people gonna learn to make up their minds before they plunk down a wad of cash?

BTW, that shop may have ordered that frame for you, so by changing sizes after the fact, they may be stuck with unwanted stock which they have to pay for, a good reason for not accepting returns from a wishy-washy customer.

For all of you out there that are incapable of making proper decisions, GO TO AN LBS AND BUY THE BIKE YOU TRIED. Sorry, no sympathy here, you'll get whats comming to you.

I am with Zedro on this one. You placed the order, the item was already shipped, and if they had a final sale clause you are SOL.

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004

O I have been scolded by Zedro now I must start crying because he such a profit and everyone cares what he thinks. Please have sympathy for me please your my hero Zedro from Canada!!!

mtbr member
    O I have been scolded by Zedro now I must start crying because he such a profit

Nah, I dont think Zedro is in it for the money.....

Former Noob Herder
    ...I must start crying because he such a profit and ....
    you should start crying because you cant construct a proper sentence.

Can the dealer keep my money and what are my rights. There was no were on the sight saying there were no returns.....
    well, you are in the wrong here...... The store has a right to declare (edit: assume) final sale if there is nothing physically wrong with the product......if the CC company does cancel the payment, the store has very strong grounds to sue you if they actually wanted to go that far......
    what, you didnt like the answer? cant accept responsibility for your own error?

V10 Freerider
    you should start crying because you cant construct a proper sentence.

what, you didnt like the answer? cant accept responsibility for your own error?
    That seems to be the norm around here. The real question is why didn't you do the research PRIOR to placing the order. I agree that it would exemplify good customer service to allow you to return the bike but there is no law that says any store MUST accept a return of a perfectly good product...
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004
    [QUOTE=zedro]you should start crying because you cant construct a proper sentence.

what, you didnt like the answer? cant accept responsibility for your own error?[/QUOTE

I have no problem at all with your answer Zedro. As far as complete sentence so what if i am retarded or not. I except the fact that I made a mistake. I was just trying to get some help not smart ass comments. If you felt like I was in the wronge thats cool. What I was pissed off about is you being a prick about it. That's why I came here for help or not. Not to be talked down to. So you understand were I am comming from.

650 yay area
    Why can't people accept when they are wrong. I love when people post on this site, asking for help or advice, and then when that does not lie with what they 'want' or think is right they lash out at the people who tried to help them. By the way, Zedro is right, whether you like it or not. The sale was final, and you are SOL. Tough luck.

Former Noob Herder
    What I was pissed off about is you being a prick about it. That's why I came here for help or not. Not to be talked down to. So you understand were I am comming from.
    wasent trying to attack you personally but i dont hesistate to be curt, the last half was a general rant anyways.

also, you might notice my spinning avatar...i aint no mtb care bear...

Sin Rider
    Jan 2004
    wasent trying to attack you personally but i dont hesistate to be curt, the last half was a general rant anyways.

also, you might notice my spinning avatar...i aint no mtb care bear...
    Thats cool I just freaked out I still love you man. What it comes down to I have a bike/part buying problem. It strange I rant and rave about spending penny's on other stuff. When it comes to mountain bikes I am a total different person. HELP !!!!!!!!! I cant stop!!!!!