Need Advice!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Need Advice!

i drink shower water

Need Advice!

Here is the deal. Currently I am on a 07 Big Hit. However it is not stock at all. I put some money into this bike. It rides like a champ. I put a 07 66rc2x (180mm), fox dhx 5.0, avid juicys, mavic 823 wheels, Sram x.o drive train, race face diablous cranks, etc.

I raced on this bike last season and it was nice. My predicament is this. I am torn between getting a new DH Bike and not selling my big hit or getting a Freeride bike and selling my big hit. I did alright racing but I think it would be nicer to race the 08 season on a real DH rig.

the way i see it there is no reason to have... say a demo 7 and my big hit or a norco shore 1 and a big hit. But i can see the merit in having a Iron Horse Sunday and my big hit. Im torn because i also want to buy a 4-5 inch bike for XC rides/ training.

What should I Do? Input on bikes would be nice as well.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

Is flexy
    You have a really nice set up already so what I would do is...

Keep the Big Hit and get a full race rig if you are serious about racing. Switch the wheels and x0 to the new race rig since most completes aren't going to come with 823s and x.0. Then throw some single ply tires and maybe a light single crown fork on the Big Hit and make that your Freeride/Training/"XC" rig.

Just my 2 cents though
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Members who have read this thread: 0