NC/VA/TN DH Trails with lifts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

NC/VA/TN DH Trails with lifts?

I've just recently gotten into mountain biking this past summer. Bought a entry level bike and outgrew it almost immediately. So right now I'm doing the best I can on local trails for the rest of this season. I'm planning on buying a downhill bike or at least an all mountain bike sometime in the not to distant future and want to do some DH trails next season. Are there any commercial places with lifts that really stand out in the NC/VA/TN area? I'm thinking I'll probably check out Beech Mountain but was curious if there is anything better or worth riding. Or if there are any other places on the East Coast that would be worth traveling for. As I'm new to this I'm guessing Beech Mountain will have plenty for me to handle my first few times out but I'm just curious whats out there.

I've ridden Pandapas Pond in Blacksburg, VA, Carvin's Cove in Roanoke, and Rocky Knob in Boone, NC. All are fun enough and are plenty challenging on my current bike but I want bigger jumps and drops in the future.

Thanks in advance for any input and recommendations.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm new here and I just noticed there are specific forums by region where I probably should have asked this question. Moderator please move this if it is in the wrong place.

Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Thanks, Shiver! Exactly what I needed!

Glad to Be Alive
    try Snoeshoe...love that place...has 2 sides of the mountain...one wet with roots and fun stuff (short runs) and the other dryer faster, longer runs
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Uphill? What's that
    + 1 for Snowshoe..They have trails for every skill level.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yeah SS is the best in the region. Beech in good and getting better as they buy into biking and more people show. It is the only Lift accessed trails in NC or TN. VA has a couple I think, but nothing too close mostly northern VA, so you might as well goto SS. Unfortunately all are ski areas in the winter are closed for biking at this point in the season. Well SS is talking about having some fat bike trails.
    You do have some shuttle options in TN and a few in NC. Windrock and TTC in TN are amazing spots. They are pretty popular in the the fall/winter/spring when the lifts are shuttered for bikes. You get a decent start in the morning at TTC and you can get in 12+ runs of ~1200+ ft. More vert. at windrock, ~2000ft?.

mtbr member
    This thread has some applicable info:

http://forums.mtbr.com/virginia-wv-m...va-858312.html