NC Shops (?)- Mtbr.com

Thread: NC Shops (?)

mtbr member

NC Shops (?)

Sup homies,
    Anyone know of any decent shops in NC not too far from I-95 that carry DH\FR gear?? I'm going to SC to visit family this week and I'm gonna get some riding in but my bike is in need of some maintenance (tires, grips, shifter cable etc) Any suggestions or contact info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    - JJ
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

Built to Last
    Used to live in Fayetnam. There's a shop there called "The Bicycle Shop"

Taking 301 into town Its no more than 30 minutes out of your way. probably less. off 301 with traffic you are 10 minutes or so to the shop.

I'd try to call first on the gear selection. not a big DH/FR scene there, but ya never know.
    (910) 485 7712
    Marty or Woody should be around maybe even Chris, with the New York accent. its been a long time.... they can give directions as well, pretty straight shot all the way. off 301 southbound, you will turn right down morganton road for a good while 10 min. then a right turn on McPherson Church. the shop is half a mile on your right after the olive garden...
    tell em Rob said whats up!

This is probably your best bet in NC.

If not TBS. theres another shop called Hawleys. Pretty lame shop in my opinion. but if your desperate, maybe they have some Huffy gear they can spare.

Some Assembly Required
    It will take a while to get there, but it's worth it. Try to get to Hickory & ask for Clark Tire. There is Clarks Bike Shop in the basement. Ask for Mike Swanson. Open till 6 M-F & till 5 on Sat. It'll be worth the effort & you can trust Swanson. Tell'm the man w/ one hand sent you.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Built to Last
    Hickory?

Thats hours out of the way. The man is coming down I-95 not I-40.

Your second best bet is Raleigh. Taking I-40 its about 30minutes one way going 70mph. plenty shops there, and plenty room to get lost.

mtbr member
    Hahaha....not desperate enough to bastardise my steed....but could definately use s pair of tires at the very least. (blew the belts in the front out) Anyway thanks for the info I'm definately gonna give 'em a call on the way.

LoL @ Fayetnam

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    It will take a while to get there, but it's worth it. Try to get to Hickory & ask for Clark Tire. There is Clarks Bike Shop in the basement. Ask for Mike Swanson. Open till 6 M-F & till 5 on Sat. It'll be worth the effort & you can trust Swanson. Tell'm the man w/ one hand sent you.
    Yea I'm not looking to get too far off track from 95 but def. thanks for the word.

Hey man was that you they had an article about in MTBAction (Or Bike?) a while back?? Freeridin and bustin gnarly drops with one arm?? If so, that's hella cool bro....either way, if you're an amputee and riding bikes that rocks. Thumbs up!!